Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conehead again after 2 years...guilty

Length
    <bsl/waist/hip

Default Conehead again after 2 years...guilty

Ever since I decided to seriously grow my hair out in 2009, I gave up cones. I have 3b curls and my hair was never bad with cones. But because I was trying to do what's "best" for my hair I gave up all cones. Now 2 years later, I have been on a never ending battle with fairy knots.

Taking the advice of my LHC friends I have decided to use a coney conditioner once again, and to my surprise I don't have anymore new fairy knots!! In only a few weeks my problem is gone.

However, I still can't shake off the guilt of using cones.
    Any guilty coneheads here?
    Last real cut - Jan 2009

Length
    18"/23"/35"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Conehead again after 2 years...guilty

I am a guilt-free conehead! I color treat my hair and I work at a swimming pool (chlorine is killer!), and without cones my hair quickly becomes a horrid broken mess.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

No guilt here! Every once in awhile I get caught up in the "cones are evil" vibe and stop using coney products, but I always come back (so far).

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I have to ask the obvious question, why on Earth do you feel guilty about using a hair product that millions and millions of people use without problem?

There is nothing "unhealthy" or "dirty" about using cones. Use what works, and have no regrets.

Right now I'm using Pert shampoo and conditioner, and my hair's never been better frankly.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    27BSL/40/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Happy conehead here! Don't feel guilty, cones aren't inherently bad for your hair, some people's hair likes them, some don't. My hair goes into major revolt if I take its cones away and starts falling out in chunks!

So yes I'm a conehead, but I don't feel the least bit guilty! My hair is happy and healthy!

Lady Elphame of the New Snow Steed in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm new here, but I've used cones for years. I've never had a problem with it. I may try to go without and see what happens, but I can guarantee I'll prob. come back because my shampoo and conditioner work so well for my hair.

If you are using them again and they fixed your fairy knots I can't imagine feeling guilty about it. Knots are bad for your (and everyone else's) hair, the cones are only bad for some people. Apparently they are good for you, so use away guilt free.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Why feel guilty? I use lots of cones and I don't feel one iota of guilt - just satisfaction with my nice, shiny hair (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    <bsl/waist/hip

I guess I got so caught up in the "cones are bad" hype for so long. I will continue using my coney condish regardless, but I just needed some reassurance that it is ok to be a cone head. Thanks everyone for making me feel better!
    Last real cut - Jan 2009

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Why feel guilty when you have found what works well for you. I also use cones sometime.
    Hello

Nothing to feel guilty about. I usually steer clear of cones myself, but I'm not strict about it. As long as they're low on the ingredient list and it's not the evil (yes, this one is truly evil )cycloblahblahblahxane, my hair is fine with them.