Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: before and after henna

Length
    23.5/28.5"/32"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default before and after henna

hi
    does anyone want to share there before and after shots with henna.
    I know there is a henna thread and hendigo thread, but I more interested in before and after shots side by side to see all the differet shades, different colours get, whilst I am debating using pure henna only, instead of hendigo on my new henna journey, now the hendigo has grown out.

I know they have mix shots on H4H but they dont show before shots.
    xx

Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: before and after henna

After - 5 months of BAQ henna

Before - Virgin hair / After - 3 applications of Henna (last one with paprika).

Last edited by Roscata; September 1st, 2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: changed hair photo links

Length
    30/30/60
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Wow Beautiful color
    Tigerlily

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily38 View Post
    Wow Beautiful color
    Thank you!

Length
    15/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I have one before picture in my photo album, and a number of after ones. Here is the before -- the roots show my natural color (light golden brown with just a little red) and the rest had been dyed with clarol natural instincts light auburn but allowed to fade badly. The natural instincts had gradually lightened my hair quite a bit:

Here is after my first henna application. My hair GLOWED ORANGE. It was amazing and kind of scary. This didn't last; after a week or so it toned down into a very nice auburn:

Here is a recent photo taken after touching my roots up and doing a henna gloss on the length. I used (and still use) a 1:1 mixture of BAQ henna and cassia, in an attempt to keep a natural auburn and avoid going burgundy over the long term. So far it has worked. When I dyed with conventional dyes, my hair was constantly shifting and fading. Now it is a stable color and I'm not getting the lightening effect I was getting from natural instincts:

The first and third photos are the most comparable as they were taken in the same room, same lighting, same camera.
    "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason" Benjamin Franklin

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

The nitty gritties - I use Jamila henna exclusively, mixed with steaming hot chamomile tea and applied as soon as it's cooled enough to touch. I used to do fancier mixes but this 'cutting corners' method seems to give me very predictable results.

Virgin hair - pardon the yellowy glow, I have very bright mini halogens in my bathroom and my virgin haircolor was incredibly difficult to photograph.

2nd app outdoor light

third app indoor

and then I lost count of the full applications and root jobs...

and this is what it looks like in dim incandescent lighting, versus my bright bathroom lights. In my opinion the halogen-lit shots show the truer color, the dim light makes it look much darker than it is.

Last edited by RocketDog; December 28th, 2010 at 08:46 PM.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    23.5/28.5"/32"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

thanks for sharing
    Its great to see the different colours starting and finishing

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

my avitar is before henna siggy is after henna in bad light.. in my album there are also pics of befre I colored auburn and my natural also before henna oxidation

Hoping to reach BSL By January 2012

Type
    1c/M/i

This is the color I'm after! I am a natural auburn haired gal, but it's really faded and become ashier brown with age (I'm 36). I recently dyed it a medium auburn and LOVED it...so bright and pretty....unitl it faded within 3 weeks!

So I'm looking to henna. I've been advised by another gal here to do a cassia/henna mixture in order to get a coppery/auburn red. I'm really wanting to avoid the wine/burgundy shade because it wouldn't look good on me. I have coloring VERY similar to yours.

May I please ask where you buy your cassia and henna? Also, would it be safe to henna my hair given that I just dyed it 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking yes based on the fact that it's so faded.

TIA!

Edited to add.....I just changed my avatar to show you how my hair looked the day I dyed it, Dec. 24. I LOVE that color.....too bad it's already faded!

Quote Originally Posted by sedonia View Post
    I have one before picture in my photo album, and a number of after ones. Here is the before -- the roots show my natural color (light golden brown with just a little red) and the rest had been dyed with clarol natural instincts light auburn but allowed to fade badly. The natural instincts had gradually lightened my hair quite a bit:

Here is after my first henna application. My hair GLOWED ORANGE. It was amazing and kind of scary. This didn't last; after a week or so it toned down into a very nice auburn:

Here is a recent photo taken after touching my roots up and doing a henna gloss on the length. I used (and still use) a 1:1 mixture of BAQ henna and cassia, in an attempt to keep a natural auburn and avoid going burgundy over the long term. So far it has worked. When I dyed with conventional dyes, my hair was constantly shifting and fading. Now it is a stable color and I'm not getting the lightening effect I was getting from natural instincts:

The first and third photos are the most comparable as they were taken in the same room, same lighting, same camera.
    Last edited by Shae; January 4th, 2011 at 07:14 PM.

Length
    12 in/16 in/24 in
    Type
    3a/M/C/i

Rocketdog - I am speechless at the absolute beauty of your henna-ed hair! I believe I would kill for hair like that.

Sedona - also love your "orange" hair pic - I think it looks like wild Irish red. Lovely.