Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hair & nails

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair & nails

They're not healthy enough but my nails are more likely to be put to work and I don't like them long do they get a lot more regular trims.

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Did someone tried coconut oiling their nails? I read that nail hardeners are made of plastic.

Length
    35/36/42
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I never used coconut oil but I use sweet almond oil regularly on my nails and it keeps them from breaking when they get too hard. Nail hardeners aren't good for nails (unless yours are very soft and bendy) because it can make them too hard and if nails dont have some bend to them they just snap.
    I use almond oil cause its easy for me to get and its cheap, but I've heard the best nail oil to use is jojoba oil

My nails are very strong and healthy and I do think it's because I focus on having a good diet. Massaging oils into my hair probably helps too. If I wasn't a musician I would probably grow them out really long and shape them pretty, but that isn't in the cards.

Has anyone on here ever tried using henna to do a long-lasting stain on their nails?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by queencarrion View Post
    Has anyone on here ever tried using henna to do a long-lasting stain on their nails?
    Some do do that, I don't know anyone on here that does, though.

Currently my nails are doing pretty well, except a few on my right hand that have broken off quite short (painfully short).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by queencarrion View Post
    Not me personally but the majority of the kids and women where I used to work it is long-lasting, because you don't shed your nails like you shed skin cells so just like on hair, it needs to be grown out or cut off. I guess it would be a really easy alternative to nail polish! Easy-peasy to maintain.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I'm a terrible nail biter I know it's terrible but it's a habit picked up from family. Usually I can stop biting for threeish weeks and start seeing some serious growth but then I get nervous and someone says something and I bite them all off. I always say "Oh this time I wont give up" but it's seriously hard. I want long beautiful nails to paint that will look elegant against my rings etc! I'm trying to do the "what would happen if this time you didn't give up thing. Hopeful hopeful.. I need like a nail biter rehab accountability forum.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens18 View Post
    I'm a terrible nail biter I know it's terrible but it's a habit picked up from family. Usually I can stop biting for threeish weeks and start seeing some serious growth but then I get nervous and someone says something and I bite them all off. I always say "Oh this time I wont give up" but it's seriously hard. I want long beautiful nails to paint that will look elegant against my rings etc! I'm trying to do the "what would happen if this time you didn't give up thing. Hopeful hopeful.. I need like a nail biter rehab accountability forum.
    I bit mine for 30 odd years, then I just... stopped. I still don't know why. But now they're like over the skin on my hands. Except a few fingers on my right hand, the nails there keep breaking off for some reason (and growing upwards).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I bit mine for 30 odd years, then I just... stopped. I still don't know why. But now they're like over the skin on my hands. Except a few fingers on my right hand, the nails there keep breaking off for some reason (and growing upwards).
    Wow great work lapushka! It's super icky but I really just need to keep my hands OUT OF MY MOUTH. I'm the worst about it. If I can just leave them alone its fine, but if I'm running my teeth under them etc etc I'll end up biting them so I just need to NOT touch them

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

My nails are pretty much the same as my hair; thick, strong and grow fast. I keep them short for work(just a little white). I don't paint them.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021