Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you plan 'hair down' days?

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Cool Do you plan 'hair down' days?

In one of the threads I was reading through, someone (I'd give you credit if I remembered who you were!) posted that they plan for the days they are going to wear their hair down. I thought this was an excellent idea, especially since my hair wouldn't look so great if I did everything the same. I wear it up and oiled in such a way that it would not hang nicely, and I suspect a different poo and condish would also make it hang differently, although what I use regularly is perfect for what I do with my hair regularly. I suppose I would plan to wear a satin top too. My hair does tangle and I am pondering whether a spray would keep it in place better to alleviate tangling. hmmm...
    Anything different you would do for a 'hair down' day?

Default Re: Do you plan 'hair down' days?

I do! I leave my conditioner from CO in extra long and scrub my scalp extra vigorously. I also do an ACV rinse. These things give my hair a lot of volume and movement!

Length
    22/33/36
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

I plan up and down days! Up and down everything! Even sleeping. It's just part of taking good care of your hair.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    apl-bsl-waist-hip

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I plan 'down' days, and wash days. It's just easier for me that way. On 'down' days I braid right to the ends the night before so I have even-looking braidwaves (I do have a bit of natural wave, but it's very irregular), and a 'down' day for me is usually the day directly after washing, since that's when my scalp frizzies calm down a bit, but before my oily roots get going.

Length
    bsl/44/46
    Type
    2a/M/iii

A little - I always have it co-ed, dried and lightly oiled before so it's soft and shiny and I take along a hair stick/clip in my bag in case it gets in the way.
    I tend to spray it very lightly with hairspray and comb it through to stop flyaways (yes, I know it's bad but I only leave it down a few times a year).

nope, but after the first of the year Im planning to wear my hair UP 6 out of 7 days a week..lets see how long that lasts, lol

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/tbone
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I like to wear my hair down the day that I wash it because that's when wave/curl is best. So I wash it on days that I can leave it down with a minimum of bother.

Length
    11/21/?????
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I plan my 'down' days according to the weather. If there is any moisture in the hair, my hair stays UP.
    Embraced my wurls/curls! S&C, leave-ins, jojoba, & a whole lot of silicone! No heat. Plopping. Protein treatment once a month.
    20''-21''-22''-23''-24''-25''(BSL)-26''-27''-28''-29''-30''

Length
    BSL/waist/TBL?
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

My best day is the day after I wash so if I'm going to have my hair down for a special occasion I try to wash it the day before. I usually use a little heavier conditioner or an SMT too, to bring out the shine. I also try not to put it up or to use only styles that don't create waves to show off my hair's natural super-straightness.

But it's so rare that I leave my hair down outside the house anymore. It's not like a "down day" is part of my weekly routine and I'm always thinking ahead this much. Usually I braid it or bun it to go out of the house and let it down when I'm inside not doing anything (sometimes not even then) braid/bun waves and all. I have enough on my hands just integrating my wash schedule with my work schedule..."okay I'm off on Tuesday and it won't really need washing by then but if I don't my next chance will be on Saturday and that's WAY too long so I guess I'll wash on Tuesday anyway..."

Horrid lighting and resolution...but even still I can see 2" growth and lots more shine!

Length
    23.5/28.5"/32"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I rarely wear my hair up, so nope dont plan here