Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too cold!

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Too cold!

I have had henna on my hair for 13 hours now (normally it's 2) because I can't face going into my unheated bathroom to wash it out!
    Goodness knows what colour it will be when I do get up the courage to wash it...
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Too cold!

Lay towels on the floor, making a thin carpet of shaggy towel goodness from he door to the tub, keep the fluffiest on the nearest non-wet surface to the tub. Run a warm-as-you-can-stand bath and close the door to let the room steam up for about ten minutes. Go in and soak for a few, mermaid soak and shower as needed. Wash your henna out and wrap up in your fluffy towel. go to your room and dry off, put on warm pajamas and slippers (flip-flops will do) pick up the towels after you have gotten dressed again. No feet on cold tile, minimal cold air exposure!
    Good luck and please post shots of your new color!
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

13 hours now? Wow, I hope there aren't any adverse effects from leaving henna onto your hair for too long (even though I've heard nothing but good things about using henna). I can empathize about it being very cold, lately these past few weeks its been at freezing or even below freezing here in NY. I also hear there have been terrible snowstorms all across the UK where you are. It looks like it will be a bad winter this year.

I do hope you can eventually find it in you to wash it all out!

Edit: Good idea PrincessBob. I would follow her advice. Cover the floor with towels so you don't expose your bare feet to cold tiles and run a very warm bath, and close the door so the steam and heat can build up.
    Last edited by ericthegreat; December 18th, 2010 at 12:56 AM.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Thank you Princess Bob, I will try some of your tips! I can't run a bath because I can't get enough hot water for a whole one, BUT I will run a small one so I can stand in it while I shower.
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegreat View Post
    13 hours now? Wow, I hope there aren't any adverse effects from leaving henna onto your hair for too long (even though I've heard nothing but good things about using henna). I can empathize about it being very cold, lately these past few weeks its been at freezing or even below freezing here in NY. I also hear there have been terrible snowstorms all across the UK where you are. It looks like it will be a bad winter this year.

I do hope you can eventually find it in you to wash it all out!
    Thanks Eric. Yes, it is really cold here. The snow has melted since yesterday but there is more on the way. I really dislike it. Every year we have snow here, and the country comes to a standstill. I don't understand why because it's not like it's unexpected!

Type
    2a/C/iii

Did it!! Thanks for the moral support

how did the colour turn out? Pictures?

Length
    waist/44/44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Do you have small space heaters in the UK? I am lucky enough to have central heat here, but I have a bathroom with a skylight that is vaulted. It goes up 14 feet. In the winter ALL my nice warm. steamy air goes right up the skylight where it cools, condenses, and then rains back down, literally. I bought a little tiny heater that we only use in the winter and only when showering/bathing.
    My routine has changed since starting to use Rogaine regularly to try to regain some thickness. I still cleanse every other day, but I use T/Sal shampoo, followed by my beloved Suave Wild Cherry conditioner. A vinegar rinse and catnip leave in follow.

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

multiple times during this cold patch I have slept with conditioner on my hair because I did the first 'C' of CWC and then didn't want to get in the shower, brrrrr. So I empathise. Our shower has pretty low water pressure so I'm cold when I'm in it, and we can't afford to run the heating that much. I just call it a deep treatment though

I hope your colour came out okay despite the wait :_
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    15/37,8/39.4
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

yes, how did the colour turn? any bad side effects of leaving it on your hair for this time? Or good effects?
    My bathroom is so cold too, I think I take a shower at the gym today.