Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "What Your Part Says About You": Which Side do You Part Your Hair On?

Account Closed by Member Request

Lightbulb "What Your Part Says About You": Which Side do You Part Your Hair On?

So, I found this really interesting, albeit slightly dubious article which claimed that people will subconciously make judgements on your character based on which side your hair is parted.
    http://www.truemirror.com/theory00.asp
    Basically, the article claimed that if you part the hair on the right side of your head, and have it brushed over to the left, people will view you as being more creative, intuitive, spontaneous, emotional, and other attributes associated with the right side of the brain.
    Thus, people who part their hair on the left, and brush it to the right, are seen as more logical, orderly, analytical, etc.
    People with no part or a middle part are viewed as balanced and wise.
    The article went on to say that men should prefer the left part, and women the right, as attributes of the left brain (logic, analytical skills) are traditionally "male", and attributes of the right brain (creativity, intuition) are traditionally "female", thus, women should prefer the right part. The exceptions to this are if a women wants to be taken seriously in a male-dominated job (then she'd use a left part) or if a man wants to be seen as more gentle, caring, and femenine (then he'd use the right part).
    Personally, I don't really buy into any of it, espeically the gender-segregated partline, that was ridiculous, although I do think it's interesting. I'm a male, and I use the right part, and if people see me as being more femenine, and more creative and intuitive, I'm glad, I'd much rather be associated with the right brain, as I'm a very right-brained person.
    Which side (or not) do you part your hair on, and why? I use the far, far right (at my temples, where everyones' hair naturally recedes a little, I flip it all towards the left) as I get more volume at the roots then if I parted my hair on the left anf flipped it all to the right. I have a longer face, so I'd never use the middle part. But hey, I guess the subconcious associations with having a right-side part, if they are true, are an added bonus!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: "What Your Part Says About You": Which Side do You Part Your Hair On?

Hmmmmm...very interesting, indeed!

My hair naturally parts on the left. I have somewhat of a "cowlick" on the left and if I try a right part or middle part, it just doesn't look right because of it.

I wonder what that says about me?!?!
    The Wild Beast From The Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed
    Pixie - Chin- Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - TBL

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: "What Your Part Says About You": Which Side do You Part Your Hair On?

Haha that is so funny! My natural parting is left but i just recently part it in the middle because i like it more.But im so not orderly haha
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/tbone
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't know about all that. I think such an article says more about the writer than about reading people's character in the way they part their hair. Puh-leeze! I only part mine if I'm doing something that I want to turn out somewhat symmetrical, like twin braids or twin buns. Even then, I don't part precisely because I don't like the look of a precise straight slash of scalp. So yeh, I guess that says something about me, but don't over-think it. I won't.

Middle or left is where mine falls naturally. If I try to force it to part on the right, I get a bit of a headache. I do think too much generally - whatever that might mean.
    Lady Ianuariae of the Healing Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    21/26.5/29
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Interesting! I am a design major, maybe there is a correlation ... lol. I part mine on the right because I tilt my head to the left when I write, and used to have it on the left but then when I tilted my head my bangs would fall in my face. It got very aggravating!

embracing my curls at shoulder - apl - bsl!
    fashion blog

Length
    22"/31.5"/CLSC
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

That's interesting. I part to the left, and I'm in a male-dominated scientific field.

I don't know *why* I started parting to the left. My mom made me part my hair down the center when I was living at home (which was not flattering to my face, as I have a large-ish nose), and when I left for college, I just started parting to the left. *shrug*

Length
    17.5/28/34??
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

He. I part my hair on the left and I'm a chemical engineering student... *shifty eyes*

I've had my hair part that place since I was 13, though. It just looks better, and I don't really like how my face looks with a middle part, or especially not a part on the right side! My hairline grows into a point that is slightly off center, and it looks weird if I part it on the right side. Also painful on my scalp. :-P

*January vs June*
    No more trims until the new year!
    Wearing hair up for 1 year

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

That is pretty funny.

I part my hair on the right; always have pretty much. Usually it isn't a deep part. I've tried to switch my part to the other side but I think it looks funny for some reason. I used to like to wear my part in the middle but my grandmother didn't like it, so she quickly made me switch it to a side parting.

I suppose I part it on the right because I am right handed....I dunno. It just looks the best on the right side and this is generally where it tries to part itself if I comb it straight back.

They say if you are bored with your current look, change your part! It seems to make a big difference in your appearance, although, I don't like the "change" it gives me.

I part my hair on the left too. I always have.