Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some styling help, please :)

Length
    16/16.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Default Some styling help, please :)

I am attending a Christmas party thrown by my boyfriend's company. Apparently they have rented out an entire bar/restaurant for the event. I get very nervous around people I don't know and crowds, so I am trying to prepare myself by feeling as confident as possible, and part of that for me is physically feeling polished.

So, my question is if any of you fine LHC members have any advice or style ideas for my hair for this evening. I have no real preferences, only that I do not heat style, although I do own a couple of curling irons. However the last time I used one it resulted in a coney-hairspray-fried-disaster. :/

I have many pictures of my length and general hair type in my album and sure would appreciate any input.
    Thanks in advance!
    Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist~ Hip~Tailbone~Classic
    Walk in the shadow of love, let your feet walk upon paradise

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Some styling help, please :)

Can you do a french twist and accent with something sparkly? I also like the scarf-bun in your album; do you have a festive scarf? Whatever you do, leave a few tendrils down and add a little bling. Have fun!

Type
    1b/M/ii

Hello there
    Don't worry I think that everything will be okay, just enjoy the event.
    I am also invited on a party like this and I've already decided how I would like to look this day. I am in love with Angelina Jolie's beauty and I'm a huge fan of her last hairstyle. It seems to be easy, I think that it needs just a little back-combing by the roots. Maybe you will also like this. The photos are here: http://www.angelina-place.com/pictur...php?album=1282

Greetings

Length
    16/16.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Spidermom - French twists are so beautiful! Alas, I have never successfully completed one, however I think I may give it another go. Unfortunately the only scarf I own is the purple one I used for the picture. :/ Something I should remedy soon...lol

Nereida - She is so beautiful! I don't think my hair will look that good down, though. :/

Hmmm...it seems I have some experimentation to do. I was also thinking of trying a lace braid, again. I shall keep you informed.

On a Diplomatic Mission Intransigentia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/butt/class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

I was going to second the recommendation for a french twist; in my mind they are THE sophisticated, elegant updo. But only if you're comfortable doing them!

A bun I don't have quite enough hair for yet, that I think looks really elegant and intricate is the flipped bun. (I've mastered teh mechanics of it and it's pretty easy, just that my ends pop out because my hair is still too short.) I bet if you did one with your hair pulled back somewhat loosely and lots of volume left at the roots, and left a few of those gorgeous wavy tendrils out, it would look va va voom. And of course secure it with something shiny!

Benign neglector par excellence

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I looked through your albums , your hair is very pretty You could look through the "hairstyle of the month" link ( i think it's on the main forum pages) and see if you like any of those styles . Member luxepiggy has a blog with a messy(ish) very cute bun that I want to learn , so depending on how sophisticated you wanted to go you may like it.
    Last edited by Tia2010; December 17th, 2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo's

Length
    16/16.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Ok, so the french twist was a colossal disaster, lol. Somehow I managed to get my hair tangled in...my hair. :/

Intransigentia - That is a beautiful hair style, I wish I had combs even more!

Tia2010
    - Thank you! Hm...I'll have to check those out, I hadn't even thought of that!

Length
    pixie/butt/class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

I wonder if you could do the flipped bun with a couple sticks, or even a huge handful of bobby pins?

Also, it looks like you're wearing a pair of sock buns in your avatar? I saw a beautiful picture here where someone had made a single, high sock bun, but left some hair out, braided it, and wrapped the braid around the base of the sock bun. It looked absolutely regal.

Length
    16/16.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

I was actually on my way to try something out with a sock bun and braids! I'll post pics if it works out.

Length
    pixie/butt/class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

This isn't the actual picture I was thinking of, but it's the style I was talking about!