Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any self-trimmers out there?

Length
    bsl/44/46
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default any self-trimmers out there?

Watched a video on youtube by diesushibitch (sorry, can't find the link) where she trims her hair by putting it in a ponytail, sliding it all the way to the ends and then trimming them very slightly.

Has anyone ever used this method? What shape ends did it leave you with? Wouldn't it leave your ends in an upside-down u shape?

Ive only seen feye's method and I don't think I could get my hair even with it. I need a trim and don't trust the hairdresser. Last time I got a trim was this time last year - I asked for 2in off and went from just below waist to bsl Will not be back there (and yes, I kicked up a huge fuss and refused to pay so would probably not be welcome anyway )

Length
    28"/31.5"/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: any self-trimmers out there?

I've trimmed using Feye's method.
    I think the shape you end up with depends on whether your head is tilted downward or upward. I didn't really trim enough off to notice a change in the shape of my hemline, though...I only took off between 1/4 and 1/2 inch.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

i trim my own hair all the time.. i dont like getting professional trims because i cant find a person i can trust to do them.. the hemline i get is the one you see in my siggy
    can i call this classic length

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

The description of the video sounds exactly like Feye's self trim to me . . . however, I don't use Feye's method for self-trimming (my hair is too slippery, the elastic would just slide right on off the ends), so perhaps I'm wrong.

If you've got a friend you trust, perhaps you can self-trim using Feye's method, then ask your friend to help check for any uneven bits?

How long is your hair currently?
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I have been self trimming for years. I divide my hair in half and bring each side up to the front (clean hair). In the mirror I will give it a gentle brush or combing, then just use two of my fingers to 'catch' the hair where I want to trim, then bring it closer to me so I can easily do so. It has always looked just fine at the back - even and straight across. I don't trim off very much at all

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Fairly certain that is Emichiee here on LHC. It does sound like Feye's self trimming method. I found it to give me a slightly tapering hemline for some reason. So I trim my hair like Shikara does, it gives my ends a bit more of a blunt cut.

ETA: Here are both ways you can trim your hair: Feye's Self Trim I found the parting to the front works best, but it does get a bit harder as your hair gets longer..
    Last edited by Juneii; December 16th, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
    Almost there!

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Juneii View Post
    Fairly certain that is Emichiee here on LHC.
    Yeah, that is definately our Emi, I haven't seen her around too much lately but I am glad to see her channel is still out there educating the masses. I hadn't seen that particular vid before, it is really interesting.

It looks like Feye's method but I haven't seen pictures of it done on such long hair before, very cool.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shikara View Post
    I have been self trimming for years. I divide my hair in half and bring each side up to the front (clean hair). In the mirror I will give it a gentle brush or combing, then just use two of my fingers to 'catch' the hair where I want to trim, then bring it closer to me so I can easily do so. It has always looked just fine at the back - even and straight across. I don't trim off very much at all
    That's how I trim mine too . . . but I think one's hair needs to get to a certain length in order to do it this way. Or be super flexible perhaps (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    24"/30"/45"
    Type
    1b/F/i

I self-trim too! I'm pretty sure she wrote right in the video that she was demonstrating Feye's method.

Account Closed by Member Request

I have been self-trimming since August and like many others here, I have had great success with it. I've seen a vast improvement in my hemline since I started trimming.