Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do women think about men with long hair where you live?

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/WL/TB/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: What do women think about men with long hair where you live?

It's off culture where I live, but not a big deal. I don't see it as something women flock to, but it doesn't seem too offputting (as long as the girl isn't just stuck up or shallow). What we tend not to like is the unwashed look, or smell. There are three kinds of long haired guys I usually see. 1. Off culture high school or college kid. Not all guys at this age are too good at the hygene thing. 2. Hippie of any age. 3. Creepy drifter guy or pedismile guy at the nightclub. The latter tends to give the rest of them a bad name. That's my only real issue with it. On the other hand, I've seen a few professionals in nice business suits and beautiful long hair lately, so maybe that's starting to turn around a bit.

I dated a stage crew "theatre dork" in high school for a little while. He had long hair, but it was clean and he was a really nice guy. No problems there.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Dinglehopper Wielder ArienEllariel's Avatar
    Length
    17.5"/bsl/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

There are a few here that I've seen. Some are professional but most are in bands and don't look as if they take much care of their hair..

I saw a white man on my college campus that had short hair except for two longish badly cared for dreads. Needless to say it looked revolting.

~Ceasg~

Quote Originally Posted by Hiriel View Post
    Long hair on men is a bit stereotypical of metal fans, but of course not everyone with long hair are metal fans, and most people realise that
    I have met a couple of people from other countries, Latin American Indians, in particular that has got long hair without being metalfans but itīs for sure unusual that none metalheads has got long hair in Sweden.

It is somehow negative to stand out here in Sweden unlike the US where girls told me "Hey, you look like Ozzy!" when I want out to clubs pretty often.

It seems like the American girls that love long hair on Men tell it to them straight away in general.

Length
    9/waist/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hiriel View Post
    Well, maybe not very surprising, but it's a bit the same in Norway as in Sweden
    Long hair on men is a bit stereotypical of metal fans, but of course not everyone with long hair are metal fans, and most people realise that

Most girls I know like both metal and longhaired guys
    Same here hehe.

That or they are seen as hippies or the guy with the guitar. I like longhaired guys too <3 As a fantasy fan I often associate men with long hair with elves
    My love for long hair has even catched on to my boyfriend, he likes his hair longer now, which is nice.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17.5/28/34??
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

At my uni campus there are many longhaired men (but then again, the majority of the students are men, so I guess you naturally get more longhairs then). It actually seems pretty normal. XP I think it looks good, but I am just one woman. :P

*January vs June*
    No more trims until the new year!
    Wearing hair up for 1 year

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

There are a good number of men here with long hair, but it's a very blue-collar town so there are an abundance of bikers and metal heads around. I don't notice them getting negative attention in general. Not sure how women feel about it. My best friend is only attracted to men with long hair.
    pixie to waist 10/13...chopped to chin 01/14...reached waist 09/17...chopped to APL 04/18...

Length
    SL/APL/knee

I live in s-e europe.

15% of the young women like men with long hair, cause they make asociations wish rock and unconventional lifestyles.

the rest think men with long hair are weirdos and filthy.

I personally like men with long hair, cause I just think it's sexy.
    hair routine-ocasional honey mask,and on regular basis the shampoo+conditioner.And I dye black/brunette.

Length
    23APL/28MBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/C/iii

Talking

Well, here in California, we have a lot of long haired surveys and skateboarders and hippies... So men with longer hair is common. Me personally, I love men with long hair. I think it's pretty sexy

I means surfers not servays
    Last edited by SilverLocks; December 23rd, 2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: merge posts

Length
    1/5/10
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Around here in NE Pennsylvania it isn't all that common to see men with hair much longer than shoulder blade length. That is probably I am a little hesitant to set my goal longer than that. I plan to get a little past my shoulders and stop.

It is precisely the fact that many men don't care to or know how to keep their hair clean that I am here. I want to learn how form the most experienced people on the planet.

Length
    16/20/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My boyfriend has long hair and usually needs to wear business like suits.
    The combination of long hair on a man and decent* clothes seems to still surprise people here (Netherlands), which is weird, because that combination is not THAT uncommon!

Fortunately, most people just don't care about it, but it might affect the first sight impression for some.
    Last edited by Krentje; May 9th, 2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: privacy
    Chin- Shoulder - Awkward stage - APL - BSL - Mid back - Waist - Beyond?