Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrapped Buns?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Wrapped Buns?

My hair is currently BSL+ and fast approaching the mid-back abyss. I have been wearing my daily Pencil Bun, but it doesn't work quite as well as it used to. So now I am alternating with a Lazy Wrap Bun, which is working better than it used to. With each stage of growth, one of these buns works better than the other.

Are there any other good wrapped bun styles (that don't require an elastic or pins) that can be held with a fork or single hair stick that would be suitable for my current length?

Videos and/or detailed instructions (esp. for a left-hander like me) would be most appreciated. Thank you!
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wrapped Buns?

It looks like we're at about the same length, Pixna!

As my hair has gotten longer, I've also begun to enjoy the lazy wrap more often.
    Other than that one, I use my stand-by, the cinnamon bun. Lately the figure-8/infinity bun also seems to be working quite well. Now I'm off to try the Artemis again!

Last time I checked I still didn't have enough length for the nautilus, though . . .

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what other good ideas people have.

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Handedness doesn't have a whole lot to do with fixing your hair . Thank goodness, if it did I'd be toast. I have a terrible time reversing the way righties do things.

Hypnotica's you-tube tutorials are really helpful to me. My hair is a couple inches past BSL, and while I couldn't get any of her stuff to work for me when I was just BSL, the Artemis bun seems to be working well now.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by torrilin View Post
    Handedness doesn't have a whole lot to do with fixing your hair . Thank goodness, if it did I'd be toast. I have a terrible time reversing the way righties do things.

Hypnotica's you-tube tutorials are really helpful to me. My hair is a couple inches past BSL, and while I couldn't get any of her stuff to work for me when I was just BSL, the Artemis bun seems to be working well now.
    Actually, it does, in terms of what direction the hair is twisted or wrapped, which hand is used, and what direction the hair toy is inserted. Fortunately, all of Hypnotica's videos are done left-handed (which may be why you have found them so helpful), so they are easy for us lefties to follow. Other people's, not so much. I'm going to watch the Artemis Bun video again and give that a whirl. Thanks!

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Hah! I should have realized that's why Hypnotica's videos are so helpful! I'm another lefty here

I went back and tried the Artemis and it didn't seem to work as well as I had remembered -- the Gibraltar holds like a dream, though, and I have it in right now!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Looks like we're all lefties here so far -- what an interesting coincidence!

Yozhik, the Gibraltar Bun looks like a good option for me. Although I would prefer a bun that isn't twisted at all, it's really a combination of both twisted and wrapped styles. Thank you for the suggestion!

*Pixna scampers off to give the Gibraltar Bun a try*

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

The nautilus bun is another one similar to lazy wrap and pencil buns that wraps rather than twists.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Thanks, Teela. It seems my hair isn't quite long enough for a Nautilus yet (unless you have suggestions for how to adapt it!).

I'm watching.... Mine is heavily layered from about APL to a couple inches past BSL. Because of this my hair seems to thin to hold well and not really long enough because I don't have the thickness yet. I love wrapped buns though.

Length
    23APL/28MBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/C/iii

Talking Re: Wrapped Buns?

What I do is twist my hair tightly then coil it into a bun and I stick the ends of my hair into the bun...

It stays for about 2 hours for me. And I move around a lot.