Page 3 of 454 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Merchantile/Eaduard Hairsticks

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Questions about Pacific Merchantile

I have been looking at his sticks for quite a while i love the brilliant colours and at my length 5 inch hair sticks are just right.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    Shldr/Bum/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I just ordered two pairs of his acrylics. Pictures and review to follow!

Hiding away, under the waves, silence wins again...
    I'm under water, where I can finally breathe...

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by saskia_madding View Post
    I just want to go on record as saying that after all the crap this guy gave me about asking for customs with slightly sharper tips, I am appalled that he eventually took my advice. I actually TOLD HIM that if he offered sticks with more tapered tips (so as not to rip hair) he would make more sales. He treated me terribly, harassed me on etsy, harassed the mods on LHC, harassed other LHC members about what was going on with me, made snide comments about me in his youtube videos, and then eight months later took my advice and now his stuff is selling like hotcakes.

Unbelievable.
    It's a real shame you were treated like that, Saskia. I bought one of the first forks made by Doug of Timberstone Turnings, and he asked me if I had any suggestions to improve the design. The tips were pretty blunt, so I suggested tapering them more to make insertion easier in fine hair, and Doug was happy with the suggestion. I've also asked sellers to blunt tips for me, and I've always had positive responses. If you don't want to do a custom order, then just advise the customer that you can't/won't do it; there's no need to be hostile about it.

Banned
    Length
    25/40+/fin

The middle pair look like moons on a distant planet. They are all beautiful. wow!

Are they sturdy? I had some ketylo acrylics and they didn't feel sturdy to me, they felt, weak. How do these compare?

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    OK I promised an update when I get my acrylic sticks. I love them! They are quite petite but work for certain kind of buns. I enjoy looking at the swirly patterns on them, even though not much show outside my bun. These would be great for the wet weather here. Shipping was pretty fast, though I suspect it's because they're close to me. I got a free maple stick as well, not very pretty but good and functional. Here's a picture of my new pretties. You can see they really are quite small, my hand is not big.

Length
    Shldr/Bum/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Yay! I finally got mine in the mail! (two pairs of acrylics and a bonus Curly Maple)

They are sooo pretty! I just love the sunlit sparkle and shine.
    My first thought was that they were a little too short, but I was surprized by how well they held my hair!

Hiding away, under the waves, silence wins again...
    I'm under water, where I can finally breathe...

Length
    Hip/Waist/TB
    Type
    1c/M/ii

sapphire-o, those are such pretty colors!
    His sticks have been hanging around my cart for a while now...maybe I should click "checkout."

Length
    ??/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I had been oggling his sticks for a long time and finally bought some last week as I won enough money at a quiz to pay for a pair of acrylics. I bought a single too just so you know, the postage seemed even more reasonable...

They arrived today and I absolutely love them! The colours, the shape, the size, the balance are all great and add to that the fact that they are completely waterproof (it is very rainy where I live and I am bored of metal and dymondwood all the time) and they add up to near perfection.

The free wood stick that came with them is amazingly smooth too (and no hole in the top). I need to stop playing with the acrylics and looking at the patterns in them long enough to keep a bun in

I tried to take pictures but the light here is awful right now and they do not begin to do them justice.
    Whatever happened to my fighting, biting, lightning lioness ...
    I think I preferred it when your hair was in a mess ...
    They're not your real curls (XTC - 'Don't Lose Your Temper')

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I brought these about 2 weeks ago http://www.etsy.com/transaction/42837532 just waiting for them to arrive and i am hoping my Ketylo sticks will be ready soon.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Bunzfan, those look so fun! I love thinking about how the red of your hair will play against the confetti.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Length
    pixie/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have to add that I've recently become a big fan of PM acrylic hair sticks. I started out with one pair, and shortly after I received them, he started posting all sorts of awesome new colors! I just got coral, pomegranate, flamingo pink, and burgundy! They look great, I'll have to try and get some pics this weekend.

He always ships quickly, although I suspect my recent order took longer than before because they were crossing all the way over to the east coast and had to travel through the midwest snowstorms.

A 5" they are really perfect for my small bun, and I like not having to worry about using them in damp hair. Also, because they are relatively inexpensive, I don't feel guilty about stashing a pair in my gym bag and purse - which I would never do with my more expensive, wooden items.

Already eyeballing some additional colors...
    I love rainbows!