Page 2 of 454 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Merchantile/Eaduard Hairsticks

TrudieCat

Default Re: Questions about Pacific Merchantile

Quote Originally Posted by saskia_madding View Post
    The old thread regarding problems with his customer service was closed and then deleted because he contacted the mods and complained about the thread until they agreed to erase it.

Having said that, many people purchased from him and seem to be very happy. <shrug>
    Oh, for some reason I didn't see this post when I replied last night. I must have been having a brain . Anyway, thank you for explaining this. I was wondering what was going on with all those references to bad CS w/no apparent proof. Also gonna check out that video, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    I know you're interested in his wood sticks but I wanted to chime in with more praise for his acrylics. I bought a pair off the swap board and love them. The colour is really vibrant and they're very strong. Plus, it's good to have totally waterproof sticks at my disposal. I'll definitely be purchasing from him directly at some point. My only complaint is that he doesn't offer a variety of lengths for the acrylics; they're all 5 inches.
    I do really like the look of his acrylics, too, but like you 5 inches is just a bit shorter than what I really want. Maybe I'll give it a shot someday if the sticks I'll be receiving soon are good. His prices are very reasonable.

I wanted to get a particular set of wood sticks because they were the exact purple that my favorite American football team uses. I thought I could cute up my game day look a little with the pretty hairsticks.

PrincessBob
    - I like the nail polish idea a lot. Plus it will give me an excuse to buy myself some new nailpolish - only to match the stick, of course.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Also, the holes for the dipping - well, they are tiny when you look at a real stick for topping, but next to the stick that I had an epic fail on, they are larger than that maker's mess. So I did think they were pre-drilled, but nope, they aren't. I don't find them really something that I notice.

Getting him to respond to you on etsy is HARD, so there is that. But he ships ultra fast and I've never gotten anything without at least one extra stick that is the same quality as what he's selling.

Length
    bsl/clsc/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

TrudieCat, I'm probably too late at this point, but I took a pic of my sticks for you -

Or maybe this will help someone else!

a few weeks ago I asked him about making longer acrylic sticks and he responded the next day Maybe he's getting better at responding to people. unfortunately, I think he can only make the acrylics in black with the colored topper like these, not all in one bright color... The 5' barely work with my hair, are yous with thicker, longer hair able to use them?

Length
    bsl/clsc/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lastnite View Post
    a few weeks ago I asked him about making longer acrylic sticks and he responded the next day Maybe he's getting better at responding to people. unfortunately, I think he can only make the acrylics in black with the colored topper like these, not all in one bright color... The 5' barely work with my hair, are yous with thicker, longer hair able to use them?
    I can use them in something like a lazy wrap or pencil bun - any kind where you only need a bit of hair to anchor the bun.

I'm guessing he uses 5" acrylic pen blanks to make the sticks, which is why anything longer must be made in two parts.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I just bought some of his 5" acrylic sticks. I'll update when I receive them. 5" work for smaller buns like a inside out bun or knot bun. They're completely buried in cinnamon bun but that's OK.

TrudieCat

catspank - Thanks so much for those pictures!! I had gone ahead and ordered but I'm not sure I'm totally thrilled with the look of things from those pics. Oh well, I'll just have to see what the total effect is like when I receive my sticks.

I'm also interested in hearing how thick-haired folk use the 5 in. sticks. The pen blanks explanation makes sense.

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I just want to go on record as saying that after all the crap this guy gave me about asking for customs with slightly sharper tips, I am appalled that he eventually took my advice. I actually TOLD HIM that if he offered sticks with more tapered tips (so as not to rip hair) he would make more sales. He treated me terribly, harassed me on etsy, harassed the mods on LHC, harassed other LHC members about what was going on with me, made snide comments about me in his youtube videos, and then eight months later took my advice and now his stuff is selling like hotcakes.

Unbelievable.
    Last edited by saskia_madding; December 19th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.

TrudieCat

Quote Originally Posted by saskia_madding View Post
    I just want to go on record as saying that after all the crap this guy gave me about asking for customs with slightly sharper tips, I am appalled that he eventually took my advice. I actually TOLD HIM that if he offered sticks with more tapered tips (so as not to rip hair) he would make more sales. He treated me terribly, harassed me on etsy, harassed the mods on LHC, harassed other LHC members about what was going on with me, made snide comments about me in his youtube videos, and then eight months later took my advice and now his stuff is selling like hotcakes.

Unbelievable.
    Yipes. Not cool. I didn't realize this. I didn't know what the CS concerns were but I thought they'd all been resolved. On the other hand, people don't tend to change too much even if their outward appearance does.... I'm sorry you had this experience. This is incredibly unprofessional and immature behavior.

I got my sticks and they're ok. I'm glad I tried this seller out, since I was curious, but I'm not likely to order from him again. He was honest about the holes at the ends of the sticks which I appreciated, but I wasn't blown away with the quality of his work. These are the only sticks I've purchased from Etsy (or another site, in the case of Ketylo) that looked better in the online picture than they did in person. The purple didn't match from one stick to another, nor did the shape.

I got only average grades in shop class since I never had the patience to sand my wood projects after I put a finish on them, and I'd give this guy similar marks for the same reason. For the price they are good, but they weren't carefully-made enough for my taste. I'd rather spend more and get something better. However, they do have a nice handmade appeal to them. I gave him a positive rating because my shopping experience was good and the product was decent. But I can't give him a glowing review the way I give LadyIdun, Grahtoe, Nightblooming, and Ketylo glowing reviews.

I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth after hearing about what you went through, Saskia.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond to my question!
    Last edited by TrudieCat; December 26th, 2010 at 08:13 AM.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

OK I promised an update when I get my acrylic sticks. I love them! They are quite petite but work for certain kind of buns. I enjoy looking at the swirly patterns on them, even though not much show outside my bun. These would be great for the wet weather here. Shipping was pretty fast, though I suspect it's because they're close to me. I got a free maple stick as well, not very pretty but good and functional. Here's a picture of my new pretties. You can see they really are quite small, my hand is not big.