Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapunzel (Disney's Tangled) Braid for shorter hair - instructions included

Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Rapunzel (Disney's Tangled) Braid for shorter hair - instructions included

So, as the now Rapunzel-obsessed girl that I am, I spent most of the second viewing of Disney's Tangled working out the crazy braid she has in the city.
    Now, I know that it's impossible, both because her hair is impossibly long and because the braid itself defies the laws of physics, but I wanted to try anyway.
    Here's the original (the best picture I could find, they didn't have any details of the braid, and the flowers sort of obscure the braid, but trust me, it looks like mine...sort of):

Here's mine:

And these are the instructions:
    Step 1
    part hair in an extreme side part (to recreate that almost-bangs swoosh she has), then divide hair into 3 parts, as if you were making a braid. Tie off the two side parts with hair ties, and then braid two accent braids from the bottom of the middle section.

Step 2
    Braid the middle section.

Step 3
    Now, section off the bottom of the side sections so you have a large top section and a small bottom section, and tie off the bottom part of the left side (it doesn't really matter, just choose one) and the top part on the right side.

Step 4
    Start a dutch braid with the top section of the left side and continue across the head to the bottom section of the right side.

Step 5
    Repeat with the right side.

Step 6
    Begin braiding the three big braids together, adding the two accent braids in a little later. Finish the braid and tie it off.

Step 7
    Sing and see if it glows!
    Last edited by Lunnafindel; December 14th, 2010 at 12:30 PM.

Length
    SL/APL/TBL+
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Rapunzel (Disney's Tangled) Braid for shorter hair - instructions included

Oh I was so excited for this, but I can't see the images

Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Rapunzel (Disney's Tangled) Braid for shorter hair - instructions included

Sorry natatatt, the pictures are from my album, and you can't see album pictures until you post 25 times. Wait a while, then come back.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/iii

That looks awesome! I wonder if my hair is long enough...

Knit, love, sign.
    Lisa Monster's 101 in 1001

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Very pretty! Nice work!
    January 2012

Length
    4"/19"/30"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Wow-that is [I]beautiful[I]!!!! You've inspired me! Now I can't wait until I can do that!!!
    Started at 3" (July 2000), got to 19" (Nov 2010); Goal is 30" (ETA Dec 2012)
    19"/APL/BSL/WL

Length
    14/14/20
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

i love rapenzel...just saying.

Length
    20 in/30/40 in
    Type
    2c/M/ii

pretty!!! thanks for the post!
    http://xovictoryxo.blogspot.com/
    Lady Victory of the Skyward Sword in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Wow that's beautiful and very creative of you...wish my hair was long enough.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Type
    2c/M/ii

That is wonderful - thank you for the instructions.

My hair is too thin to do this now, though! (I really ought to update my profile picture...)