Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh-I used temporary hair dye and it's NOT temporary!

Length
    4"/19"/30"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Angry Ugh-I used temporary hair dye and it's NOT temporary!

I was growing out my left over dye jobs...it actually looked pretty decent in terms of natural hair meeting dyed hair-the colors were pretty good. But my hair is SO ASHY that I CANNOT stand it. I loathe my natural hair color. but I was trying to like it.

I know that most people only see "dark blonde" but I see dishwater.

And since I refuse to spend money at the salon, I always did my own color. Since I had been growing out my hair naturally anyway, and I knew I mostly just wanted a change so opted for a 28-washes dye.

It was supposed to wash out!!!??? I admit, I knew I was taking a bit of a risk because how can a dye lighten your hair temporarily?! IT's not possible! You need peroxide to do that, or ammonia of whatever...both of which are permanent. But I did it anyway and there is no way it's washed out.

The good news is that it is such a close match to my natural hair color the roots are very bearable. It almost is my natural hair color but it's a more neutral/golden base and just not ashy.

Also, I do love the color, and my hair doesn't damage easily at all, so from now on if I keep just doing the roots (which won't be that noticeable until about 2") I should be okay.

Finally, I do get to see my new growth every month!!!

^that's me trying to cheer myself up.

GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! /rant

Thanks for listening.
    Started at 3" (July 2000), got to 19" (Nov 2010); Goal is 30" (ETA Dec 2012)
    19"/APL/BSL/WL

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/tbone
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Ugh-I used temporary hair dye and it's NOT temporary!

My niece did "temporary" black over her ash blonde hair, and it was permanent, too. It happens. I'm glad the color change is not too drastic in your case.

Length
    14/?/65
    Type
    1b/M/ii

At least you love the color.
    :drama:

Length
    4"/19"/30"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Yeah, at least there's that. lol! I'm such an idiot...
    Started at 3" (July 2000), got to 19" (Nov 2010); Goal is 30" (ETA Dec 2012)
    19"/APL/BSL/WL

Length
    14in/27in/40in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

HA, I did "temporary black" except that it was not temporary. So, $100 and four hours of bleaching by a stylist that didnt know what they were doing later I ended up with half my hair and vowed to never repeat the experience again
    Im glad you like your color now and being able to see your growth is a cool thing I wish I could do that but my hair damages sooo easily...

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Ha! The semi-permanent or 28-washes dye is not temporary. At least not on me. That's what was used on my hair during the 3.5 years I had it died, and what would have been my silvers are still gold-tinged and the rest is a warm brown. Warm colors are not good on me, and my naturals are coming back in white and very dark ash brown. I've still got probably 3 or so years before all of this dye grows out. -sighs-

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

So, you are sayin your dye had no peroxide and ammonia and it made your hai lighter? Which one is it then?

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Head and shoulders. You make 4 pigtails, lather them with that and let it sit for 1+ hours. You can tie the tails with a plastic bag to prevent drying and dripping. Sooner you start, more dye will fade out.

Don't touch your scalp though. Letting that thing on your scalp for that much time will irritate badly.

The dye you used sounds like a demi permanent, which i used. I managed to go from blue-black to natural brown with this method. Not the whole dye washed out, but mine was BLACK so it has more staying power than any other one.

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Yeah, those "temporary" blonde dyes aren't really temporary.. I found a dye this weekend that I was going to use on my hair, it was demi-permanent. supposedly washes out in 28 shampoos. I looked on the box and the second ingredient was hydrogen peroxide. Needless to say I put that box back (it was for a dark brown).
    I use Clairol Loving Instincts when I need a temporary change. It washes out in 6-18 shampoos I think? It has no peroxide or ammonia but it does say on the box that if you choose a color darker than your natural hair color it will not fade out in the 6-18 shampoos.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Jeno86

I know how that does. I dyed my hair purple not too long ago. It was such a lovely color that faded to blue then to green. However, the green would not come out...at all. I tried everything I knew of short of bleach. After about three months of trying, I gave in and had my mom take me to her hair lady. Lucky for me though she used a very light bleaching method which did little if any damnage to my hair and got it all out. Good times.