View Poll Results: Do You Ever Get Tired of Long Hair?

Voters
418. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I am never tired of my long hair. I am a permanent Rapunzel no ifs ands or buts.

139 33.25%
  • Very infrequently do I feel the slight feeling of boredom or annoyance with my long hair.

166 39.71%
  • Maybe a few times a month I do feel annoyed with my long hair.

90 21.53%
  • I feel annoyed with it on a frequent basis.

23 5.50%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Do You Ever Get Tired of Long Hair? (Heaven Forbid!)

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Do You Ever Get Tired of Long Hair? (Heaven Forbid!)

Sometimes, yes.
    I do like the look of short hair. I think it's cute and easier to take care of, and not as hot.
    But I do like the versatility of longer hair, there's so much more you can do with it. Plus I'm at a length now where I can fomfortably put it in a bun on top of my head, which is comfortable and almost as good for the heat as a pixie cut!
    I plan to keep my hair long for a while, but I won't be shocked if I decide to cut it all off again someday.

Honestly... sometimes. I get sick of my hairs everywhere. I get sick of it falling into whatever if I bend over, or flopping into my line of sight. Sometimes I get tired of how long it takes to wash and dry. And as mentioned elsewhere, sometimes I think of cutting it shorter to do the styles I'd like to do but that my hair is too long for or I wonder if maybe less hair (lighter weight) would make it less uncomfortable for me to wear it up.

But the alternative is to cut very short, which on me would look awful and probably have me mistaken for male far too often. I vowed to never again have hair that's too short to pull back, unless it's pixie or shorter (too short to get into my face). So, long it is.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Sometimes on washdays when I get frustrated with my hair I just want to shave it all off

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Still only when it gets beyond classic; have to keep a close eye on that, because if it gets too long for my comfort level, I get visions of short, wavy, shoulder length bobs. Yeah. No. So I maintain pretty strictly at classic!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/BCL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

At every washday
    I like having long hair in this moment of my life. I would like shorter lengths but not in its actual state, with a different color at least (like, violet or blue). I like extravagant hair and now the particular thing is the length.
    I don't plan to cut anytime soon, but I don't exlude it in a future.
    Also, my hair is so difficult to manage now that sometimes I dream about how easy would my life be with my hair way shorter .....
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    BSL/60/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

When I think back to how much trouble (and expense!!!) shorter hair was, no. It was fun. Doing my (one and only) foil was fun. Having a fresh cut was fun. Having perfectly straight blown out hair was fun. Wearing it down, now that I miss.

Someday, I may cut to TB and keep it there, or FTL, or classic. One of those. I'd like to wear my hair down more, but it needs to be shorter than it is right now. Otherwise it gets in the way of everything.

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by lunalocks View Post
    When I think back to how much trouble (and expense!!!) shorter hair was, no.... Someday, I may cut to TB and keep it there, or FTL, or classic. One of those. I'd like to wear my hair down more, but it needs to be shorter than it is right now. Otherwise it gets in the way of everything.
    This. After I find out how long it will grow with a blunt hemline, I'm going to cut back to FTL and keep it there.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/KNEE/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Allllll the dang time.
    All the time.
    But if I cut it short it would take forever to get it this long again. So I suck it up and the annoyance passes and I am once again a magical princess.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    chin/bcl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I voted "very infrequently" because the honest truth is that right now, I am very annoyed at my hair (mostly because the regrowth is at a maximum flyaway length too short to go back and my braid feels too thin ). Historically speaking, I very rarely am annoyed at my hair for being long, mostly for being unruly.
    artist, lover, general mystic; maker of many things