Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eyebrows- Do you have to moisturize them too?

Default Eyebrows & Eyelashes- Do you have to moisturize them too?

Eyebrows are ofcourse hair at the end of the day. So it must be a similar concept if you wanted to make them longer, thicker or just grow them out.

Im wondering if anyone here, puts anything on their eyebrows to moisturize it?.

My eyebrows have always been thick & dark. This is because most people in my family have thick eyebrows and Ive never plucked them in my life. Im happy with the way they are and I just wan't to maintain it as it is.

Once I was just combing my eyebrows and underneath the hair, my skin looked dry so I was wondering if I would have to put some lotion on it lol.

Do eyebrow hairs shed? I was wondering if you just left your eyebrows and put nothing on them, what would happen?. Also how do you keep them healthy?
    Last edited by Dreamkitty; December 8th, 2010 at 06:07 AM.

Length
    20/47/60
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Eyebrows- Do you have to moisturize them too?

Eyebrows are the same as all other hairs; they have a terminal length and a growth and shed cycle. Some people use castor oil to help regrow their eyebrows.

Mine are dark and fairly long (not many people have to trim theirs!) so I don't have to do anything to help them. I don't have dry skin there but I cleanse tone and moisturise them too because I often use an eyebrow gel to keep them in place. That's enough to keep my skin there happy.

I don't think I know what you mean about "if you left your eyebrows what would happen?", but someone is bound to!
    Mid-thigh madness on my way to knowing knee!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    2/26/~30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Eyebrows & Eyelashes- Do you have to moisturize them too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamkitty View Post
    I was wondering if you just left your eyebrows and put nothing on them, what would happen?. Also how do you keep them healthy?
    Absolutely nothing. Mine are left totally to their own means and they contrive beautifully! So that I have to pluck stray hairs below and in the corners from time to time.
    I have the impression eyebrows would be the last hair to shed, if any.

Hair is like cat. You can't really tame it, you just have to care and enjoy.

Length
    #1 BC/neck/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

I've also always had quite thick and long eyebrows and lashes, but on my left (someone else's right, if they're facing me) eyebrow's got its first bit of patchy-ness, which I've only noticed recently. I hope it's just something that I've mis-plucked and that it'll grow back. I've been filling it in with brown eyeshadow whenever I put make up on.

I read somewhere that applying Olive Oil to your eyebrows and eyelashes is supposed to be super good for them, so everynow and then I use that, but only very rarely... I forget to most the time.
    Also, I pluck the middles-- If left on their own they form a slightly unsightly unibrow. And I tidy up the stray hairs on the bottom and side if they get out of hand, too.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii

This is funny. I actually have wimpy eye lashes, meaning they aren't that full and lush. I admittedly, rarely wash my face with soap and stuff (just water). When it comes to the lashes, I notice the skin undeneath sometimes get dry and peel, even though I have super oily skin. When that happens I just put moisturizer or oil on them. Other then that, I do nothing.
    Last edited by kathyblack1; December 8th, 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: misspelled
    My mother bids me bind my hair
    With band of rosy hue,
    Tie up my sleeves with ribbons rare,
    And lace my bodice blue.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think the terminal length and growth cycle are short enough that they tend to shed before they get damaged by dryness. (Though I do tend to smear moisturizer on them as part of spreading onto my face....) It's not like I'm flat-ironing them or anything that would dry them out further.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I scrub the skin under my eyebrows with soap like I do with the rest of the skin on my face. Otherwise, dead skin builds up and gets flaky. I also apply sunscreen and moisturizer like I do to the rest of my face. My eyebrows are in direct contact with the facial oils, so they don't need any conditioner or anything.

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Like Alex Lou, I also scrub my eyebrows/the skin under my eyebrows. I don't really try to get moisturizer on them but I apply facial lotion every day, twice a day and it gets onto them and the skin under my eyebrows. They seem happy I guess? lol

Oh, and they do shed. I notice when I scrub with a washcloth that sometimes there will be a couple of eyebrow hairs there.

I was just one day combing my eyebrows and the skin was flaky and a bit dry. I was thinking WTH, maybe I have a bit of eyebrow dandruff since I don't use that much lotion on my face. And when I do apply lotion, its just around my face, the eyes but never my eyebrows. I think I need to take better care of the skin underneath my eyebrows, rather then just the hair on my head lol.

I don't pay a lot of attention to them, but I moisturize them with my moisturizer, and sometimes my lash moisturizer--mavala double lash, and they seem to do well