Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to reach Hip From Waist

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default How long does it take to reach Hip From Waist

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to grow from waist to hip? I know everyone is different but has anyone gotten there fast or was it a really slow journey? I've changed my goal after seeing this girls hair on youtube at about 53 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6J-U...eature=related

soooo pretty and she finds johnsons baby shampoo makes her hair grow really fast!!?

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Default Re: How long does it take to reach Hip From Waist

If your profile is up to date and you're at 28inches, and hip is 38inches on you and hair grows on average 6inches a year it could take you up to 2years to grow to hip based on little trims and no big cuts really.

I checked out that girl and she had posted that cutting her hair was making it grow faster, I wouldn't follow that advice but otherwise the no heat styling, keeping your hair protected in updos can help your hair not break which would stop you growing.

I find a hair, skin and nails vitamin a day really helps my hair grow to it's full potential. My first two months using it I got nearly 4inches of growth before it settled down to 0.5" a month.
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

38 isnt actually the length till hip i didnt know what to write :P im going to change it now. but my hair is currently 28inches

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm glad she found something that works for her, but I wouldn't recommend trimming anywhere near as often as 2-8 weeks!

You can try vitamins and all sorts of 'beauty secrets' to try grow hair faster, but ultimately none of them are miracle workers (and none of them work for everyone). Six inches of growth a year is about average - I'm afraid patience is the difficult bit.

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I got there quick! I think it was 2 or 3 months, that was definitely the easiest goal so far.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by princessp View Post
    I got there quick! I think it was 2 or 3 months, that was definitely the easiest goal so far.
    really?? thats amazing!! are you a faster grower usually? do you take anything to help speed up your growth rate??

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BellCat View Post
    really?? thats amazing!! are you a faster grower usually? do you take anything to help speed up your growth rate??
    I don't know if I'm a particularly fast grower (I think .75- 1" a month) because I haven't really been a consistent measurer. But I can say I'm fairly certain castor oil scalp massages has contributed to greater growth this month (over 1"). Good luck!
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

It's taken me about 6 months. I was at waist with wet hair in June and I'm at hip with wet hair in December. My hair dry and curly just goes up and down as it pleases. My hair seems to grow at the very average 1/2" per month.
    Lady Ianuariae of the Healing Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Six months to a year, I think. I trimmed a lot, plus my hips aren't far from my waist.

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Measure what length hip is on you, and then you'll get a better idea. Some people go from waist to hip very quickly as the distance may not be too long, just like most people grow quickly between APL and BSL.
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -