Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Thread: Give yourself the piece of (hair) advice you wish you did long ago...

Length
    Neck/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Give yourself the piece of (hair) advice you wish you did long ago...

Make sure to always eat healthily so you get the nutrients for your hair. Learn about protective styles and do them, and no, a tight high ponytail is no a protective style. Don't rub your hair with a towel, actually, let it airdry. Do S&D rather than massive cuts to shouler length whenever you see a split end.

And last of all, don't listen to others saying you shouldn't grow your hair out long and that it won't suit you.

Length
    Neck/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Give yourself the piece of (hair) advice you wish you did long ago...

Make sure to always eat healthily so you get the nutrients for your hair. Learn about protective styles and do them, and no, a tight high ponytail is not a protective style. Don't rub your hair with a towel, actually, let it airdry. Do S&D rather than massive cuts to shoulder length whenever you see a split end.

And last of all, don't listen to others saying you shouldn't grow your hair out long and that it won't suit you.

Length
    ChL/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/iii

- Don't get bangs another time. It will curl and swurl, and you will need to style it everyday for it to lay down
    - Your natural colour isn't actually all that bad. Embrace it! It suits you a lot better than piss yellow )
    - Use hair masks! They're not a waste of money. Or at least do oil treatments. ..regularly!
    - The fact that you don't wash your hair that often is actually good, not disgusting. One-two times a week is plenty!

Length
    22/30.5/45
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Bleach is never, ever my friend

Length
    Chin/SL/APL
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

I'd go back and tell myself "Your mom's hairtype is entirely different from yours (fairly thin and wurly), you need to get your own brushes if you want to brush anything other than the top layer of your hair"
    It took me far too long to learn this.
    Of course once I learned that lesson I moved onto ripping through knots with a huge brush, but it seems I'm not alone on that one.

Length
    buzz/SL/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Don't bleach your whole head!! Bangs, go ahead and have fun, they grow out fast, but you will be dealing with the rest of the damage for AGES and you won't even like the results. But hey, everything else was just part of my journey, it's fine. Maybe...wash that dang tangle teezer because I just washed it for the first time in two years the other day (so bad, I know) and it was uh...gross. Lesson learned there.
    just growing along and seeing how far I go!
    originally made it to BSL, then cut to chin in june 2019 to remove damage. current length: awkwardly past shoulder. collarbone maybe?

Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Learn to braid while your hair is shorter. It would have been much easier!
    Also, learn protective hairstyles and wear it up. When I was younger I wore it down every single day and I got so many split ends

Length
    pixie/waist/???
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Basically everything about you is a paradox so have you ever considered, I don't know, having both a pixie cut and long hair at the same time?

Also protip, did you know, if your hair is too thick and heavy, you can instantly make it thinner and lighter by literally just cutting like half the hairs off and leaving the rest. Amazing. Who could have known? It's probably witchcraft.

Length
    HL/HL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

- Don't bother with platinum blonde. You don't care enough about looks to put all that money and effort into maintaining it. Besides, it'll never be as white as you'd like, anyway. It'll always turn a bit yellow.
    - Just because your hair survived a lot of bleachings, do not assume it'll survive the next one.
    snjallr mar hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann vi vg varask;
    en elli gefr hnum engi fri, tt hnum geirar gefi.
    TBL by Yule 2020 | Classic by Yule 2020 | No-trimming 2020 (first half)

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

- It will look amazing. Trust yourself
    - Use conditioner, don't trust the "It will only get your hair greasy faster" party.
    - ditch the cones