Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Give yourself the piece of (hair) advice you wish you did long ago...

Length
    20"/36"/44"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Give yourself the piece of (hair) advice you wish you did long ago...

Don't let your friend tempt you to dye it black. It will be fun at first but after 3 months you will regret it so bad.
    (Before I dyed, I had been growing my hair for a little while (to solid BSL), and if I hadn't done it I would be at my ultimate goal now; long, beautiful, healthy classic length hair.)

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Give yourself the piece of (hair) advice you wish you did long ago...

Use henna and indigo instead of bleach. It really doesn't look better blonde - your dad is right for once.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusFIre View Post
    Don't rip through your hair with a brush like a pygmy hacking through the jungle with a machete!!!:trainwreck:
    LOL couldnt've put it better myself! That's exactly where I went wrong before joining LHC

"Angry brushing" is a no-no....

Everyday a Renegray(dont let the photo fool ya)

Length
    16"/21"/Thigh
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Never, ever, drastically chop of your hair while pregnant. I know you feel frumpy and akward, but having shorter hair won't make you feel better. (plus, the hormones have a negative impact on decision making skills!)

Highlights are the start of a vicious cycle.

Learn to work with the curls and waves.

For Pete's sake, put down the blowfryer and learn to wrap your hair already!

That expensive shampoo and conditioner won't work. Neither will that one. Nor that one. No, not that one either. Not even that one. Just ditch shampoo and conditioner already and use baking soda and vinegar and oils. And don't wash every day. Twice a week is fine at most.

You're blonde. "Semi-permanent" and "temporary" do not apply to you.

If the majority of the salon's decor is by Ed Hardy or affiliates, turn around and go right back out that door.

Don't experiment with heavy oilings the night before a job interview. You never know when you'll wake up with no hot water.
    DARKMARTIAN: Stop listening to "A Flock Of Seagulls"....
    HA!

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Flat ironing isn't worth the effort.

Invest in some gel! (my hair needs it!)
    Every day is Thursday.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Stop using so much heat on your hair and stop the coloring for a while so you can notice yourself how much better your hair will going to look!
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    17/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

1) Your hair is straight, you do not need to use a flat iron.

2) Yeah, it probably would be sweet to have red hair. But how about trying Manic Panic? That semi-permanent red WILL fade to orange, and the evil cycle of bleaching and dyeing will commence.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rabya-Khadija View Post
    Don't bleach your hair you silly girl, you're a 14 year old Pakistani... not Malibu Barbie
    ha ha this made me laugh out loud!!!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip