Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Since coming to LHC- has your hair benefited?

Default Since joining LHC- has your hair benefited?

I have to say LHC has saved my hair. I use to be the person that didn't care about my hair as long as it was there. I oiled my hair just because it made my hair easier to comb through, made my scalp feel cooler on a hot day but not for the reason that I wanted my hair to grow. I used warm/hot water quite often before joining LHC then my mum said STOP using hot water, your using too much (too much bills to pay) and its bad for your hair.

And then one day I had this sudden care for my hair, I felt I did not give my hair the TLC that it needed. I wanted to grow my hair and came to this board and was inspired by the commitment, care that people here put into their hair. From then on I changed my hair care routine, used colder water- now I am paranoid about even using lukewarm water!, I once put icecold water on the end strands of my hair.

So LHC is like a blessing to me, it "saved my hair" and changed my way of thinking now I think I have OCD lol or hairnoxia from wantining to make my hair as healthy as possible. If I continued using the hot water my hair would have been damaged but thankfully my hair is still healthy because of the regular oiling my mum put on my hair as a child and the food she cooks.

So what was your story before LHC, did it change your way of thinking? has your hair been healthier since joining this forum?
    Last edited by Dreamkitty; November 28th, 2010 at 06:43 AM.

Default Re: Since coming to LHC- has your hair benefited?

Nope...not yet. However It could very well SOON be. Been talking to a few people about oils and whatnot......and Im going to start some treatments soon.

Me be oily..

Everyday a Renegray(dont let the photo fool ya)

Type
    1b/F/M/iii

No. I had long hair all my life. I have been active and a lurker on other hair forums for almost a decade. I came here knowing what my hair liked. I did some LHC experiments that could have wrecked my hair! I went back to what I knew best and what worked best; cones, sulphates, oiling and blow drying when needed.

However. This site is great for styles, accessories and friends! That's why I'm here. And I like helping others.
    Back after a 6 year break, and recommitted to growing out to classic

Banned
    Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Yes,my hair has been saved from THE DOOM OF blowdrying,dryness,build-up! I am thankfull!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by enfys View Post
    No. I had long hair all my life. I have been active and a lurker on other hair forums for almost a decade. I came here knowing what my hair liked. I did some LHC experiments that could have wrecked my hair! I went back to what I knew best and what worked best; cones, sulphates, oiling and blow drying when needed.

However. This site is great for styles, accessories and friends! That's why I'm here. And I like helping others.
    Beautifully said and I agree on all counts. I enjoy helping others too. It is to me what makes LHC special. This is a caring community.

For myself, I never heard of catnip for hair before I joined LHC. The information here in 2005, was limited and while some people did experiment with it, it was abandoned with no results indicating that it can and does for me and others, either prevent split ends or stain hair a light blonde.

I was on my own for both and the split end results came as a total unexpected surprise, from many an experiment on its conditioning and staining properties. The colour results came from vague online research that said catnip yields a light yellow dye, with absolutely no details given. Nothing stops me though when I start to experiment and I did. Over 5 years later, catnip forever for me, lol.

Length
    5/5/class
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

It has helped me a lot!!!! I have hope! for the longest time I didnt think that I would ever be able to have long hair again! but with everything I am learning here I look foward to having long hair again! actually I am going to buy oil today whooo hooo!

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

LHC has definitely improved my hair. I wasn't massively abusive to my hair before hand, but I wasn't taking great care of it either. LHC has won me over to conditioner, gentle handling, updos, oils, trimming, and S&D. These things make it look better day-to-day (especially updos) and also help me grow it longer
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

My hair is generally in better condition, though I think that has more to do with blow dryer boycott a couple off months before joining LHC. I think about my hair more, which I do not like, so maybe I need to look into this benign neglect thing. Benign neglect with a little oil on the ends, yes, I think that's the way to go.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Yes, my hair is in better condition now. I have learned what tools are best, the reasons behind good shampoo and conditioner, and how to use them all correctly.

Well, it has enlightened me to the fact that all brushes/combs are not created equal, and ripping through your hair is not good.

And then there is the oil and cone education, very interesting.

However, I made a wrong turn with henna. It made my hair really dry and in worse condition than before. So that wasn't good. I didn't really understand that it wasn't the strengthening cure all for every hair type.