Thread: drugstore vs salon products

Default drugstore vs salon products

Buying hair products in a salon vs. drugstore?

I see Pureology hair products sold in salons and also sold in shoppers drug mart. My stylist told me that the product sold in shoppers drug mart is of lesser quality than the product sold in salons. Is this true?

Thank you

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: drugstore vs salon products

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Buying hair products in a salon vs. drugstore?

I see Pureology hair products sold in salons and also sold in shoppers drug mart. My stylist told me that the product sold in shoppers drug mart is of lesser quality than the product sold in salons. Is this true?

Thank you
    Not necessarily. Sometimes what is on the drugstore shelves is the same. L'Oreal makes drugstore versions of their salon lines. The bottom line is whether a product works for you or not.

I have seen Redken products on drugstore shelves. They are not "supposed" to be there but they are there. They are not knockoffs either.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: drugstore vs salon products

It depends. If it's the same bottle and exactly the same name, then it's the same stuff.

However, sometimes the "salon" or "professional" version is different from the mass-market version. For example, Fekkai has cheaper versions of his classic lines for sale at places like Target, but the higher-end department stores like Neiman Marcus and the salons get the upgraded version. The names can be quite close: "Brilliant Glossing" vs. "Glossing" or "Full Blown Volume" vs. "Full Volume," etc. The bottles are also slightly different - a differently shaped cap, a lighter colour, etc.
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v