Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Length over health?

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Cool Length over health?

What is more imporant to you? Getting long hair as fast as possible, but without caring too much about how it looks? No trimming as all?
    Or do you trim, because the long time effect of healthy hair makes it worth to reach your goal a bit slower?

I think that long healthy hair is so much prettier than hair that looks like it has been grown out, but never been well-cared for!
    At true tailbone!

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I used to think health over length. But nowadays, now I'm finally getting the feeling that my hair is growing, I don't want to trim anymore But the ends are all split, so I'll have to, but I'm procrastinating
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Well, this depends. I really want long hair (obviously! ) but I don't want it damaged. The problem is, my hair is pretty damaged from coloring so often, so ANY growth is going to look pretty straggly. My goal is to get it to a certain point, trim, and then grow again till I get to my optimal length.

However, on other people, I would definitely say health over length. Course, it's not my hair
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    Chin/Nape/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Hmm. I guess I'm somewhere in between. I want to minimize trims, but I also want to maximize health, so I'm trying to avoid damage in the first place so I can go as long as possible without a trim. That said, if/when it does get noticibly damaged, I will definitely trim.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It doesn't seem to me that you have to choose one over the other. I have been watching a couple of people who started out with hair about the same length as mine, but I trim and they don't. Guess what. Our hair is very nearly the same length still, except that I've got a thick-ish hem at my longest length, and they only have a few fairy tale ends that reach the same length, with maybe one or two thin strands that are a bit longer but many that are still shorter.

Length
    pixie/3"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

A pet peeve of mine is long, unhealthy hair.

I go for health over length. Which is why, when I wanted to bleach my dyed-black hair back to my natural brown, I cut it to pixie length. Now I'm growing out my virgin hair. And I'm trimming the back to avoid The Mullet of Doom.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Since I started growing, I'm opting for the best of both worlds. I'd be back to just under my ears if I cut out all the damaged bits from bad bleaching. (bleaching is not bad, but you'd have to see the way I did it, it was bad, trust me).

I am doing small trims to neaten up the ends, until I reach my goal of waist and maintain, cutting the damage out as it grows.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

I prefer health defiantly, but I am trying my best not to cut for at least 6 months. I use to cut every 3 months. I would like to add some length faster also =)
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    Short/IDK/Hip
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii

Length over health. I just can't willing do short hair on me anymore. I had major breakage on one side of my head, but I see no reason to cut (and I would have to cut at least 2 inches) the perfectly healthy hair on the other side just so it can look even. IMO, it's easier to disguise long damaged hair than maintain short healthy hair.
    IMHO, one can never have too much conditioner. ~Proverb from a PJ~
    Lady Bey of Twilight Cloud in the Order of the LongHaired Knights

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quality over quantity, definitely!

I trim 1/4 inch every 6 months, I take very good care of my hair and it shows. My stylist even teases me that I come in too often! But I gotta trim, gotta get those straggly bits evened up and take care of any splits and Velcro.

hehehe my goal is terminal trimmed (yes it's an oxymoron, but it's MY oxymoron )
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!