Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Features Question & Answer Thread

Length
    26/26/30
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Features Question & Answer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
    Um... this is a dumb question, and I may be remembering things incorrectly, but I recall reading something about special boards/threads that aren't open to everyone and have really quality discussions? How many posts/days do you need to access them? Thanks!
    It's apparently above 25 posts. I read this earliei lol. You might already know this though because you probably have access to them now.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
    Um... this is a dumb question, and I may be remembering things incorrectly, but I recall reading something about special boards/threads that aren't open to everyone and have really quality discussions? How many posts/days do you need to access them? Thanks!
    Here you go: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...=1#post2559878

Fortunately you can have quality discussions everywhere, regardless of the board. It's all in the topic.

Length
    SL/WL/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Was wondering if you girls could change a feature in everyone's signature: I find it a bit confusing to read the length of hair in inches. So how about changing it to the well known milestones instead, as a default?
    So when someone fills their profile they could only choose milestones instead of inches.
    Do you think it's a good idea?
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TL-CL

Type
    1a/M/ii

Did the site just get a new layout? Yesterday I was in the main forum and I clicked on a discussion, but when the page loaded, the layout was different and it's remained that way. It's not very easy to use and some features seem to be missing. It's harder to access specific things so I'm a little disappointed and I'm kind of hoping it's just a temporary things or some kind of glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by zanelle View Post
    Was wondering if you girls could change a feature in everyone's signature: I find it a bit confusing to read the length of hair in inches. So how about changing it to the well known milestones instead, as a default?
    So when someone fills their profile they could only choose milestones instead of inches.
    Do you think it's a good idea?
    I’m not a moderator but this is how I see it - I think it comes down to preference, some people prefer to log inches or centimetres, and others prefer milestones, or a mixture. We’re all different heights and proportions. For example one person might measure waist length as 28” and it could be 33” for another. It helps with motivation, comparison and understanding if you can choose your own way to record your progress.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I’m not a moderator but this is how I see it - I think it comes down to preference, some people prefer to log inches or centimetres, and others prefer milestones, or a mixture. We’re all different heights and proportions. For example one person might measure waist length as 28” and it could be 33” for another. It helps with motivation, comparison and understanding if you can choose your own way to record your progress.
    Measuring in inches is the only thing that keeps me sane! Because I'm so tall, my hair seems so short. It would be most useful if people had their hair measurements in in/cm and then their height as well.

It's also crazy to see people with similar heights having totally different lengths at hip/waist etc. since all bodies are shaped differently.

Length
    APL/WL/CL

When I upload a photo to an album, it keeps rotating? How can I prevent this from happening? I have tried rotating the photo itself and re uploading, but the problem persists.

Not sure if this is a new feature or not, but I searched the forums and couldn't find any similar inquiry and not sure where to ask.
    Keep going, keep growing

Quote Originally Posted by fiords View Post
    When I upload a photo to an album, it keeps rotating? How can I prevent this from happening? I have tried rotating the photo itself and re uploading, but the problem persists.

Not sure if this is a new feature or not, but I searched the forums and couldn't find any similar inquiry and not sure where to ask.
    I find that making the photo smaller stops that from happening. I don’t know what the magic proportions are but if the photo is small enough, it won’t rotate.

————-

I’m glad this thread popped up because I wanted to add to my post (from 2 years ago, but only a couple of posts above this!) I couldn’t remember which thread it was in.

Some people have grown beyond floor length, so measuring in body milestones would be impossible

Length
    APL/WL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I find that making the photo smaller stops that from happening. I don’t know what the magic proportions are but if the photo is small enough, it won’t rotate.

————-

I’m glad this thread popped up because I wanted to add to my post (from 2 years ago, but only a couple of posts above this!) I couldn’t remember which thread it was in.

Some people have grown beyond floor length, so measuring in body milestones would be impossible
    Thank you, unfortunately I made it much smaller and it still rotates. How do I notify a moderator?
    Also, where does the thread "pop up" for you? I had to go back and try and find my post to see your reply
    Thanks so much for your help! David Bowie is awesome.
    Keep going, keep growing

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by fiords View Post
    Also, where does the thread "pop up" for you?
    From what I understand, people navigate the site in different ways. I think the easiest way to view new posts is to click the "new posts" link under the forum tab in the banner.

Also, if you like you can also use the "thread tools" option located at the top of each thread to subscribe to any thread. After subscribing to threads you can view updates to them in by clicking the "subscribed threads" option in your profile.

ETA: welcome to lhc!