Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mei Fa Stickx on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Part of that, to be fair to the motivations of the sellers, is also because EBay nails them on the listing price and the final sale price, but not shipping. So a seller will pay far less in fees if they list an item for $1 and charge $14 for shipping, rather than listing the item for $10 and $5 for shipping.

Some I'm sure are doing the bait and switch, but I think fees are the main motivator.
    Thing is with the new feedback system that bird won't fly anymore as sellers get rated on their shipping separately. Personally I get put off when I see a shipping from the US to here for 20USD, when I know it can be done for $4. I always cross check the shipping fees when an item reaches my home, and I will leave a negative on the shipping department when they ask more than reasonable for shipping and packing material together.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    Thing is with the new feedback system that bird won't fly anymore as sellers get rated on their shipping separately. Personally I get put off when I see a shipping from the US to here for 20USD, when I know it can be done for $4. I always cross check the shipping fees when an item reaches my home, and I will leave a negative on the shipping department when they ask more than reasonable for shipping and packing material together.

Good, it's a PITA to sift through the sellers like that, so while I understand WHY they were doing it, I neither liked it nor did it myself on the rare item I post on ebay.

I also now like that when you sort by price it adds shipping and the current bid price together and sorts that way.

That latter thing I do not like at all. I want to sort on price alone, so excluding shipping, and sometimes it just won't let me do that. Many times, I have found, shipping cited is not the correct shipping price, and that misrepresents things then.