Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: klorane shampoos?

Length
    2/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: klorane shampoos?

I live in France so it is a common pharmacy brand here. I haven't been super impressed with them, though they did have a light weight conditioner that i really liked. I am not so much help right?
    For euros and likely Canadians as well Melvita makes an awesome SLS free inexpensive shampoo, it is just their 'familial shampoo' it is mostly Linden water and i love it !

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

I tried the chamomile version. It stripped catnip stain. It should not do that with demi colour though.
    Last edited by ktani; November 19th, 2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: clarification

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I'd like to know if anyone here (still) uses Klorane shampoos or hair products? I (for reasons unkown to myself) got quite obsessed with the brand over the past few months! So far I've tried the Oat Milk shampoo, which smelled so lovely but didn't blow me away and now I'm onto the Quinine shampoo. They have so many interesting lines though. I really want to try the Peony line and one of their conditioners.

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I use their oat milk dry shampoo (non aerosol one) and I love it. It gives tons of volume and really soaks up the grease which helps me to stretch 1-2 days before washing it!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Although I haven’t purchased Klorane in a few years at least, I do like the Oat, Chamomile, Nettle, and anti-hair loss shampoos. They have such lovely scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Bringing this thread back from the dead because I'd like to know if anyone here (still) uses Klorane shampoos or hair products? I (for reasons unkown to myself) got quite obsessed with the brand over the past few months! So far I've tried the Oat Milk shampoo, which smelled so lovely but didn't blow me away and now I'm onto the Quinine shampoo. They have so many interesting lines though. I really want to try the Peony line and one of their conditioners.
    I so wanted to love their Peony shampoo (the smell was just incredible) but it made the roots of my hair feel sticky and stiff -- like they were coated in hair spray! Their oat milk is my favorite, followed by the quinine line. It seems like everything is being reformulated so I am holding out hope that their shampoos will still work for me sans sulfates!

Orchidia, the online pharmacy where I usually shop for skin care and some hair stuff is currently having a 20 % sale on all their Klorane products and I almost got the Peony shampoo yesterday - now I'm really glad I didn't! Because the Quinine one left my hair so insanely greasy, I'm kind of suspicious of their other shampoos now. But maybe I'll get a big bottle of the oat milk shampoo because I miss the scent and how simple it is.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

^ Years back, I had a similar experience with the Peony shampoo, as well as the one with the Flax fiber (clear lavender color). Both smelled really good, but made my hair dry with a weird texture. Not sure what it was about those specifically, since some of the other ones with similar ingredients worked really well for me.

Through a series of unfortunate events the Volume shampoo with flax fibers found its way into my shower I had originally ordered the oat milk shampoo but the online pharmacy messed up and sent me the volume one instead. And then the second order of the oat milk shampoo got lost. So I'm taking that as a sign from the universe that the oat milk shampoo just isn't for me.
    But I washed with the volume shampoo for the first time today and it got my hair so very clean! I had three days of grease and dry shampoo going on. My hair was extremely squeaky clean in the shower, which is exactly what my oily scalp needs. Right now my hair is still air drying but so far I can't feel anything sticky going on. And I love the clean scent.

Finally got my hands on the new formula of the oat milk shampoo here in the US and I'm just not sure how I feel! The scent is almost the same (it's like someone added a splash of lemon juice to the original fragrance) but the texture and appearance is much different. After air drying my hair I noticed that my ends felt strangely stiff and my roots felt a bit gummy -- like I had a lot of buildup. I shower at night and also woke up with itchy eyes after using it for the first time... not sure if the shampoo was the culprit, though. I'm going to try clarifying and using the shampoo again, but right now I'm not feeling too optimistic about their sulfate-free formulations.