Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Headrest Thread

Length
    21-30/36/42
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default The Car Headrest Thread

I searched and couldn't find an existing thread about this so I decided to start one.

I'd love to hear how everyone copes with the car-seat headrest. In the battle between the headrest and your updo, who is winning?

July 06 : 21-30 inches, layered . . . Dec 09: 36 inches, still fighting the taper.

Length
    shldr/waist/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

usually the headrest doesn't bother me. There was a radio show, Click and Clack, the Cartalk brothers, where they discussed that, actually.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The orange cat in my avatar

Length
    shldr/APL/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I notice my neighbor keeps a scarf wrapped around her head reast. I don't know if its to keep the hair from frizzing or to keep product off the car seat. Or maybe something else entirely.

Type
    2a/F/ii

The headrest wins, hands down. Either that or I have to turn my head sideways the entire time. But, yeah, I have to take my hair down or put it in a braid.
    The voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas.
    Another Girl's Paradise

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

The headrest bothers my hair when up in an updo, almost always. If it bothers me too much, I just take my bun out. I only threw it up there sloppily anyway, so it never takes much to redo it.

Length
    bob/39"/44"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I find the car headrest annoying when I wear a sock bun, actually any bun for that matter. The bun is big and bulges out so I can't use the headrest comfortably. If its not a bun tied with elastics, like sock bun, the headrest eventually leads to my buns demise and I find myself fiddling and twisting and attempting between lights to get the hairsticks ( to which I'm still a hopeless noob) to hold my hair once again.

Puttering around somwhere MusingFrog's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TB/...
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I generally just move the seat back so that the headrest is two inches of so from my head. I have to move the seat back far anyway because my shins hurt if my feet aren't at the right angle from the pedals. Normally it isn't an issue though because my buns are normally pretty small.

Length
    27/33/36
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've never had a problem with the car headrest, but I have thin hair and a flat bun. The sock bun sounds like a headrest problem, but I don't wear them because my hair is too thin to cover the sock.

I also try to use hair toys that are not too long, because I don't like bumping the top of a hair stick on the door frame.
    Last edited by frizzinator; May 30th, 2008 at 09:25 PM.

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I put my updo so it doesn't bump the headrest. Otherwise, I'll take out my updo until I get to my destination and put it in.
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

OH I HATE THAT! But I must admit the headrest wins if my updo sticks out at ALL. I have learned which styles I can wear with the headrest though, infinity, braid (s) low buns, halfups. When I used to wear claw clips which I can't do anymore those were the WORST! One of my friends said some car (BMW?) has an opening in the headrest for that very purpose! Not that I'll ever have a BMW but well ya just KNOW a woman designed THAT!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil