Page 1 of 166 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: No trims in 2011 challenge!

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default No trims in 2011 challenge!

Maybe a little early for New Year's resolutions, but here we go!

I have decided to do a No trims in 2011 challenge. I am growing out old highlights and layers and that has made me trim a lot lately. Now I want some length and I will go one whole year with no trims. I have never succeeded in doing that before so this will be a real challenge for me.

I want to see how much my hair could grow if I left it for one year with no trims. Since my hair is highlighted (most of it) and layered I am sure it won't be very pretty, so I will need all the support I can get.

I will have one last trim in the end of December this year. I am planning to cut like 1/2 inch, and probably only dust the layers. I think I have to trim one last time, otherwise it will be too hard to go one year. I have also decided to start my challenge in January because it feels easier to do a "calendar year".

During this challenge I will allow myself to S&D. I will try to wear my hair up as much as I can to avoid damage.

I am thinking this thread would be a great place to get support and to post progress pictures.

Who is with me??

PS. I know there's a No trimming club, but I wanted to start a thread for this specific challenge. DS.

Here's a link to the social group with pictures: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...hp?groupid=229
    Last edited by Lize; January 6th, 2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Adding link

Length
    24/30/~
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: No trims in 2011 challenge!

Oooooooh yes, this is for me!

I'm planning on cutting back to APL soon, to finally get rid of my layers and old dye damage. After that, I need time to recover from the shock of being at starting length again, a year would just be enough
    I found 1 coarse hair on my head!

I'm in!! I already am on a 1 year no trim till mid-May and was hoping to go longer. So I will try my best for no trims for the entire 2011 calander year. I'm so excited to see how long my hair will be at this time next year, I've never been any longer then I am now, if this long!! (22" or so)

Length
    APL/TBL/knee!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I'm willing to try it too.
    I wanted to go a year without trims for quite some time now, but somehow every summer I'm at home and let my mother trim my hair...

So: I'm in.
    Jan 2014

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

I will admire anyone here who can stand NOT trimming their hair for up to a whole year. Me personally, I can't do it. I like my hemline to be blunt and healthy looking. There was a time when I thought I could tolerate having thin, fairytale ends but it simply wasn't for me.

Good luck to everyone here who is willing to do it!

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Hi guys! Awesome that there are already some people joining me! I am currently trying to think lots of positive thoughts to be able to go through with this. I want my hair to get longer so bad now!

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegreat View Post
    I will admire anyone here who can stand NOT trimming their hair for up to a whole year. Me personally, I can't do it. I like my hemline to be blunt and healthy looking. There was a time when I thought I could tolerate having thin, fairytale ends but it simply wasn't for me.

Good luck to everyone here who is willing to do it!
    Thank you! I agree with you on wanting a blunt(ish) hemline. I think it looks best on my hair too. But right now I feel I am getting nowhere lengthwise if I will keep trimming as often as I do. I think this challenge will help me get kick started in growing and once my hair feels a bit longer, like after this year, I will probably start trimming regularly again. Also I don't think that hair has to be blunt cut to look healthy. I have seen many fairytale ends on these boards looking very healthy.

Length
    apl/waist/tbone
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I'm with you! I'll trim for the last time on December 31st, then no trims for a year I like it!
    My hair is very damaged from dye, so I will probably have some breakage, but I'll do my best to treat my hair gently, use henna and stop with the peroxide!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm in, my last proper haircut was back in June and so far no splits. I don't know if my hair will stand over a year in my case but i am willing to try

I join this. This year I didnīt cut at all. My hair grew in 11 months 6.7 inches. Now I decided to cut at Chistmas-time and then leave my hair to grow for another year.

Length
    APL/TBL/knee!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I'm preferring a blunt hemline too, but then I think: I'm wearing my hair up 99% of the time nonetheless, so why bother with the hemline?
    With a bit thinner ends it's easier to secure the updos.
    Jan 2014