Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To those at classic length and longer: How do other people react?

Length
    35.5"/37"/37"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default To those at classic length and longer: How do other people react?

Do those of you with classic length or longer still get hair compliments from "normal" people? I mean, other than the astonished "My, you have really long hair!"? Any comments that your hair is just beautiful/pretty/luxuriant/and the likes? Or has the frequency of "beauty" comments decreased as your hair began to grow longer than average?

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: To those at classic length and longer: How do other people react?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeylove View Post
    Do those of you with classic length or longer still get hair compliments from "normal" people? I mean, other than the astonished "My, you have really long hair!"? Any comments that your hair is just beautiful/pretty/luxuriant/and the likes? Or has the frequency of "beauty" comments decreased as your hair began to grow longer than average?
    Not that I can tell.

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

I rarely wear my hair down in public so I rarely get comments on it.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Quote Originally Posted by Honeylove View Post
    Do those of you with classic length or longer still get hair compliments from "normal" people? I mean, other than the astonished "My, you have really long hair!"? Any comments that your hair is just beautiful/pretty/luxuriant/and the likes?
    No. When my hair is down, it's only ever qualified as "wow, loooong !". Not beautiful or such.

Definately decreased. Started to happend at waist, actually.
    But it depeds alot I guess. Foreigners seem to compliment more than natives. Not sure if their culture is to compliment more, or if they just still have that cultural attachment to long hair that we in the western world seem to have lost.

Zandy, Angel & Tøfflus
    "Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

It's mostly the wow factor.
    Only a few times have I had the comment 'You have very beautiful hair' from someone outside my family.

*wink*

Length
    35/54/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Men make a great many complements for me.

The women of these men regard me often badly.

Mine hair has already three accidents with drivers and an accident with a bicycle driver on the conscience.

Fortunately no humans were physically heavily injured.

It was only materieler damage.

I thinks that is also complements on another language.

And I gets a great many views in addition.
    Last edited by Feng-Shui; November 1st, 2010 at 03:42 PM.

Well, I find that you all have beautiful hair, and yes, I am a bit jealous!

Length
    35.5"/37"/37"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Yes, you all have beautiful hair, and I'm a bit relieved now. Some years ago, people used to say that my hair is beautiful. Nowadays I get merely the length comments, mostly. Seems to me that at a certain point length gets noticed before beauty. Or maybe it's just that many people don't appreciate great lengths the same way we do. ;-)

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Are you looking for comments or are you hoping comments will stop for you? I would say that the majority of us with waist length and past get very few comments on our hair. I don't think I got a single comment when mine was in the tailbone range and it's been there twice since joining LHC and I'm headed that way again and maybe on to classic. A lot of us wear our hair up or in a braid a great deal of the time. Another thing is it took us years to grow our hair that long so it's no surprise to anyone who knows us. Grow your hair for yourself. A nice comment is icing on the cake but growing to get comments is likely to leave you disappointed.

I am not here to decorate your world