Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Essential Oils Thread

Length
    pixie/ChL??/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Default Re: The Essential Oils Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    I have bought eucalyptus e.o. because I just love to add the tiiiiiniest drop to my leave-in or my avocado oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    I thought of this primarily as medicinal, forgetting I had a fresh wreath years ago and my homes smelled wonderful!
    I'll have to re-explore this for other uses
    Yes! Eucalyptus e.o is amazing for all almost everything. Initially I used it just for home and cleaning purposes before learning that it can be used for the body and hair too. I'll definitely have to try it out in different ways as well!

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    I thought of this primarily as medicinal, forgetting I had a fresh wreath years ago and my homes smelled wonderful!
    I'll have to re-explore this for other uses
    I love the smell of fresh eucalyptus in a bouquet or wreath even more than eucalyptus oil.

I've got something respiratory going on and I can't tell if it's allergies or a cold, so I've been burning a combination of bergamot, ravensara, tea tree, and bulgarian lavender in my little oil burner for a few days. Those are mostly anti allergy and antifungal (in case there's mold and that's what I'm reacting to). I've also been adding a single drop of peppermint oil to my coffee in case it's a cold. It's amazing how much the bergamot and ravensara are helping, they really reduce my urge to sneeze constantly.

There are a very limited number of brands that I trust enough to take internally, and you can't take all oils internally even if the brand is super pure. And some people shouldn't ingest some otherwise safe oils regardless. But I was trained in how I personally can safely take it internally so I do at times.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I've currently got in my arsenal of EOs:

-eucalyptus
    -peppermint
    -lavender
    -tea tree

I think that's more than enough for my needs. I think I'm going to put a couple drops in the last bit of my neem oil by Dr. Hauschka (for my oil rinse). When the bottle was still full, I didn't want to do that. But now it's just half a cm I have left of the 100ml. I'll be sure to just do a couple drops. I think I might do my lavender. My next oil for the oil rinse is a massage oil (lavender). Just to... prepare.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    .5/BSL/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Every time I do an oil treatment I put lavender oil in with my coconut and amla oils

I should try some peppermint oil sometime...I have a set of oils for my diffuser so I use that too.

Shaved Chin SL APL BSL WL HL BCL TBL Classic

Yesterday I made up a batch of coconut and peppermint oil for my headaches and arthritis.
    I put it in the fridge to solidify and then applied it to my forehead and knee.

RELIEF

I remember my Grandmother using oil of wintergreen for her knees....oh the aroma

Length
    7/32/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I made up a lavender linen spray last week.
    Use it on my bedding every day.
    I think it's been helping with sleep.
    Nevertheless, she persisted.

Hi everyone! Have you heard of this!? That scalp and skin have olfactory receptors and are responsive to smells!? So this study looked at the effect of a synthetic Sandalwood fragrance called Sandalore on hair growth and overall skin healing and found the scent triggered hair growth. Just wild! https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0 From what I’m reading, natural sandalwood EO did not have the same effect. I guess that makes some sense of why, as I have heard, certain EO’s applied to feet can have such drastic effects on health (I can’t remember the claims because I had dismissed them as probably not fact, but wow! Could be legitimate and now I wish I remembered or took better note). Anyways, I thought this was relevant. I’m thinking I want to start making my own conditioner because the premade stuff is so chemically... and I believe I have spent decades of my life reading ingredients labels to no satisfaction. That’s what’s getting me down this rabbit hole. I think I’ll put some Sandalore in my future recipe!

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/SBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Hi everyone! Have you heard of this!? That scalp and skin have olfactory receptors and are responsive to smells!? So this study looked at the effect of a synthetic Sandalwood fragrance called Sandalore on hair growth and overall skin healing and found the scent triggered hair growth. Just wild! https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0 From what I’m reading, natural sandalwood EO did not have the same effect. I guess that makes some sense of why, as I have heard, certain EO’s applied to feet can have such drastic effects on health (I can’t remember the claims because I had dismissed them as probably not fact, but wow! Could be legitimate and now I wish I remembered or took better note). Anyways, I thought this was relevant. I’m thinking I want to start making my own conditioner because the premade stuff is so chemically... and I believe I have spent decades of my life reading ingredients labels to no satisfaction. That’s what’s getting me down this rabbit hole. I think I’ll put some Sandalore in my future recipe!
    Do you CO wash? It looks from that article that the effect is from application to the hair *follicles* (ie, at the scalp), not application to the length, so for typical conditioner use I don't think it would have an effect.

Really cool that it can have this effect at all, though!
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Florenonite, very good point about the hair follicles! I’m still just amazed at the whole concept of skin having olfactory receptors. It’s so interesting.

On a different note, what does chamomile EO smell like? I ordered a cheap bottle and think maybe I got what I paid for... it’s blue and it smells TERRIBLE! Does all chamomile EO smell bad or did I get a particularly bad bottle? It says it’s steam extracted but people lie all the time about things. Google search says it should have a sweet smell or like a straw like smell. Do any of you have experience?

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I have a cheap, blue chamomile EO from Hemani that I don't particularly like the smell of...I don't think there's anything off about it , but it's not my favorite. I think that's probably just how it smells.
    Have you tried neem oil yet? Very stinky. Also VERY good for scalp issues. So I'm thinking that some eo's will smell icky to you, but be someone else's fave. Also, they can smell quite different on different people. Experiment away, and tell us your results!