Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I really love the look of flat-ironed hair

Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Default I really love the look of flat-ironed hair

I knowww not healthy at all! But it looks so shiny and perfect

I also love the look of blunt razored hair. So edgy.

I've never actually flat-ironed or razored my hair, but I just love how it looks when its well done in a flattering style.

Anybody else really like the look of some hairstyles that are not actually good for the hair? And is it possible to get that ultra-smooth, ultra-sleek, ultra-shiny look of flat-ironed hair without the iron and damage?

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

No, it isn't. Sorry to be so blunt but it just isn't. Even on naturally stick straight hair, razoring is a horror. I think that Nightshade or someone has some microscopic photos of this.

Razoring my hair simply makes it look like it has breakage, flatiron or no. Even if there is no breakage and it's just the razoring making it look like that.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I rarely get my hair flat-ironed. I love it, too.

Natural, air dried ..........................flat ironed

Sigh.........I wish there were no negative consequences. I know of no other way to get that perfect sleek and shiny straight hair. I can set my hair on large rollers and get a smoother look, which is nice but not the same.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Spidermom, I might be weird since I'm so used to looking at curly hair, but I think your hair in the natural state is shinier.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
    Spidermom, I might be weird since I'm so used to looking at curly hair, but I think your hair in the natural state is shinier.
    Ah....... thank you. It's the better option, that's for sure. I'm glad that you like it.

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

I'm also a huge fan of really smooth, straight and sleek hair. Always have been. In that sense, DNA was nice to me, I got what I wanted.

But honestly... the couple times I had my hair flat ironed, just out of curiosity... it turned out limp. Something about pressing the hair against itself with heat just sucked all the life out of my hair. Before it was straight, shiny and full and then it was straight, shiny and... just hung there. It's not the same. On another person, I would rather see someone with naturally straight hair with a slight curve at the ends or around the ears, with some real movement... instead of looking like their hair was, well... ironed. There is a difference between straight and ironed hair.

Am I making sense here? I hope so. Don't get me wrong, straight is fantastic... not many people have completely straight hair so when you see it, it's super shiny and it stands out and that's great. But not the fake way. It's not the same.

Length
    17/18/33

I think smooth-looking hair looks great on every type. By that I mean straight, curly, wavy. On me, though, I prefer big waves ATM. I used to flat-iron...a lot, so obviously I wasn't happy with waves then.

Oh and I hate that fried look people get after continuous heat styling. You know, where ends are fried and stick away from the rest of the hair.

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by InvinciChicken View Post
    I knowww not healthy at all! But it looks so shiny and perfect

I also love the look of blunt razored hair. So edgy.

I've never actually flat-ironed or razored my hair, but I just love how it looks when its well done in a flattering style.

Anybody else really like the look of some hairstyles that are not actually good for the hair? And is it possible to get that ultra-smooth, ultra-sleek, ultra-shiny look of flat-ironed hair without the iron and damage?
    I don't know what your natural texture is... You haven't filled it in in your profile. I also like it when my hair is very smooth and straight. I am a 2a or thereabouts. I can get my hair to look just about flat ironed by blowing it out on low or medium heat, medium fan speed (the air coming from the dryer is never too warm for comfort on my facial skin), combing it constantly and smoothing it with a wide tooth comb as it dries. (I never, never, never use a brush on my wet or damp hair!) A rich cone conditioner and leave in and a polish of some kind complete the procedure. I don't do this often, as I don't like to blow dry too frequently.

I can also get a smooth, bouncy 'do by setting my hair on jumbo Caruso rollers for a few minutes if I want to air dry then smooth it out, a bit.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

You can give this a shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOPWlDylV4

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I also like the look of smooth, shiny straight hair, but I don't have to do anything. I mean they're everywhere on other people's heads for me to look, right? I don't see my own hair much anyway.