Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your.... Favorite Hair Toys

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Oh wow, Cinnamon Hair - I'm in awe.. such beautiful updos!
    I especially love your mamacats!
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Supplier of Green Eggs Sam-I-Am's Avatar
    Length
    21"/I sat/onit!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

This is my newest and current favorite hairtoy: A three-prong tulipwood fork from Morgan Reed, http://www.morganreed.net/. I actually bought it at the last Texas meet.

Another favorite is my own handmade manzanita sticks; two of them are in this picture, in the center and on the right. The leftmost one is untouched.

For color, my pair of gorgeous SpiralingWaves (chickiegirlcreations on Etsy) hairsticks is my favorite. They complement my hair and most pieces of my wardrobe perfectly.

For beauty and functionality, nothing compares to my Flexi-8s. I have five of them, but only one picture of my Large:

These guys are the best. I can't sing their praises highly enough!
    Last edited by Sam-I-Am; May 26th, 2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Adding URL
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/othergirl4christ/Hair/2007-10curlysmall.jpg

Budding Homesteader Indigo Girl's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Oooh everyone has such nice hair toys!!!

Cinnamon Hair, I looove that Green Leaf slide

I'm afraid I only have one Ficcare and a handful of scrunchies to date (yes, it's sad I know, and I'm working on it). Otherwise I would happily post as well.

Length
    2"/58"/Ni!
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I am so envious of some of those toys y'all have!! This is an awesome thread, Cinnamon Hair!

I'm afraid mine is very simple, these are all the hair toys I've got ... they were all made by me in the last month and I like them all. Here are a few action shots. I do wear these three more than the rest, but my very favorite one is the first one I made .. the one on the far left. I need to get a good action shot of it.

~♥~ Proud Member of the Renegray Gang ~♥~
    Lady Elishar of Light and Prophecy in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ??/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I didn't break the rule, I just bended it a little
    Whatever happened to my fighting, biting, lightning lioness ...
    I think I preferred it when your hair was in a mess ...
    They're not your real curls (XTC - 'Don't Lose Your Temper')

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

Here are mine....

these are two decorative metal forks I use in cinnabuns and halfups.This picture shows them in a sock bun,just there to pretty it up.

My Quecraft dragon slide.I love this toy too much

This was found at Walmart,so its not a one of a kind made toy.I just love the way it looks in my hair.

and the middle pin in this picture.I use it to decorate cinnabuns.I never thought I'd be one for fake flowers in my hair but when I bought this last week,I've been in love ever since.
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18"/35"/45"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

1)momma smurf hairsticks 6” (with carnelien stones): very good for all updos like infinity bun, cinnamon bun, and orchid bun. These are my most favorite hair sticks – I wear them very often

2) LongLocks hairsticks (Sea Spice with mother of pearl) 5.8”: good for any updos,: I use them for the cinnamon bun, braided bun or orchid bun.

3) Quattro Helix 6.5” bronze: good for all updos especially infinity bun, Celtic Knot. Very good for every day wear. It is very strong...

4) Mei Fa 5.3” with pearl: for special occasions; good for double figure-8 updos and any double bun updos, Celtic Knot.

5) Ketylo black&white aquapearl 6”: for infinity bun, double updos – I like it because I can wear it any time
    6) Willow the wisp locust wood hairsticks 7”: very suitable for the Chinese braided bun

Momma smurf hairsticks in action

Length
    0.5/53/60+
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

I tried posting here before but the server ate my reply.
    So, I'll try starting with the text and then add the pics later if it'll let me

Absolute #1 hairtoy - 6" starlites - they're my do anything, can't-do-without hairtoy. They go in wet hair, are worn for doing the garden, painting the house, going on geology fieldtrips etc etc because there's nothing decorative to get caught and damaged. I also like the look of plain undecorated sticks. They do any style but are slightly too short now for cinnabuns and fig 8s and almost vanish into my hair. The only time I would not wear them is in a thunderstorm when if I absolutely had to be out with my hair up I'd wear my Aquapearl Ketylo

Other toys in no particular order.
    Silver antique Indian pin - there's no way this will hold up my hair so it goes in a French plait as decoration. It's over 100 years old and is almost unique, but only cost me £10. I only wear it for special occasions. This is the head, which is about 2" long, total length is 6"

Blue jeans and emerald Maximas - I love the colours of these. They will hold a swirly bun, occasionally a log roll, halfups of any description and can be used to decorate a plait.

5.5" Bodygems - slightly too short for most styles now, but I like the way I can change the beads in them.

Ketylos - as a generic design because they are so comfortable, and they fit my criteria for undecorated sticks. If I had to choose one it'd be my green Aquapearl, even though it's only 6".

Baereis 6" Simple round fork - my first and so far only fork. It's in chakte viga wood, and at present I can only get it to hold a swirly bun.
    Last edited by akka naeda; May 28th, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

innocentlookingprankster happylynngilmer's Avatar
    Length
    ???/31/35+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have a picture of my fav hair decorators in my LHC profile, here:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...pictureid=8498

Left to right:
    VK Designs stick. $5 plus shipping..I need more of these LOL (vkdesignsandfindings.com)
    Studio Clip. $4 from Afterthoughts in the mall. I actually think the store is called something else now, but it's the same store.
    Small Flexi8. The small ones range on the site (flexi8.com) from $12 to $19. I also have an XL size, but I use the small one much more often.

I also use sticks sometimes and a fakeare, but these 3 are what I reach for most!
    Lady Lynne of the Unquenchable Spirit in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

From left to right (in no paticular order of preferance):
    Black Plastic Stick with Knot- Bought at Claire's or Icing (same company). 6" total/5.5" usable. I use it mainly for chinese buns. It makes them look like grenades.

Horn Fan Stick- Originally from QueCraft. 5.75" overall with a useable length of about 4". I use it in a cinnabun, but never all on it's own. Usually with a few pins. It looks very good with my hair color.

Horn Lizard Stick- From QueCraft. 6" total/4" usable. I use it mostly in cinnabuns with some pins. Also in braided buns. But, I have been known to stick it in other 'dos for decoration. I love lizards!

Wooden Chopstick- This was just a chopstick I picked up at a chinese restaurant (unused!). I cut it down to size, sanded it, and coated it with nail polish. It has been one of my favorite sticks. Quite by accident is is 6" in total and all usable. I use it for chinese buns mostly, but also braided buns. I love it because it is simple and functional. It lets me show off my hair without distracting from it by having a shiney toy.

Large Jean Maximas Ficcare- A very recent purchase. I've worn it almost every day since it arrived in the mail. So far I've only been able to do cinnabuns with it. Well, that's all that holds up. But, it does so perfectly and effortlessly. And because I wear denim just about every day, it matches.