Page 114 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1289

Thread: The Official "Stretching Washes" Thread

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: The Official "Stretching Washes" Thread

I think my hair needs this. It's naturally stretching from twice to once a week, it's me that I just like to wash it twice lol. I hope to learn how to resist.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

My BBB is missing! We just moved not long ago and I could have sworn it was in a particular box with the bulk of my bathroom items, but I can't locate it. good ones can be so pricey, I hope it turns up soon...
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Length
    ear/tbl/cl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I stretched it a whole week. Not sure I love it; not sure it's gonna be my new thing. But I can do it, at least.

I actually got a compliment on my hair today, which surprised me. Yesterday (day 6) I french braided my hair, and like dirty hair is wont to do, it held together better than it does with clean hair. So this morning (day 7) it still looked ok, and so I pinned that braid up into a spiral sort of bun. It's the first time I've ever succeeded in having a braid bun stay up all day. And this woman at work complimented me on it. So that was sweet.

Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I had a horrible migraine last night and into this morning, so I got in the shower and washed a day early to try to relieve some of the pain with the hot water (it worked for the most part). Not going to wash again until Wednesday.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Last week I stretched from Tuesday to Sunday, then from Sunday to Thursday and now I’m stretching to Tuesday again. So I’m seeing if I can handle going from twice a week to 3 times every 2 weeks. The question in my mind is, what is more damaging to my hair? Washing more frequently or using a BBB while stretching the washes? I’ll BBB twice a day on days 3 onward which is mechanically damaging to some degree.

Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Last week I stretched from Tuesday to Sunday, then from Sunday to Thursday and now I’m stretching to Tuesday again. So I’m seeing if I can handle going from twice a week to 3 times every 2 weeks. The question in my mind is, what is more damaging to my hair? Washing more frequently or using a BBB while stretching the washes? I’ll BBB twice a day on days 3 onward which is mechanically damaging to some degree.
    I say washing is more damaging, because getting hair wet makes it more elastic and therefore more prone to breakage. If you are detailing and being gentle, you BBB shouldn't be causing you and excess harm.

Length
    BSL/BCL/36?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I finally figured out if i use gentle ingredients, like sulfate free... i might be able to stretch washes a bunch more! Yay! Now, i just need to make sure it isn't a fluke some how. The key for me is nothing too moisturizing near my scalp or I get a bad case of the greasies. Does that indicate oily hair? (I always figured my hair was dry, scalp too)

Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Got my new BBB today! I'm so excited to be able to implement it into my routine and maybe I can get to once weekly washes now.

Length
    ear/tbl/cl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I feel like this proves (or at least demonstrates) my point. With black hair, oil just looks shiny glossy — glossy, even. It doesn't change the color of the hair.

But in light hair, the oil does noticeably change the color, so it just looks greasy.

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MadelineMomo View Post
    I feel like this proves (or at least demonstrates) my point. With black hair, oil just looks shiny glossy — glossy, even. It doesn't change the color of the hair.

But in light hair, the oil does noticeably change the color, so it just looks greasy.
    !!! You understand!!! Its frustrating to stretch your wash days when you look you'd disturb the public with the gallon of fry oil in your roots. Most of the time my hair isn't even as greasy as it looks!
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts