Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Split ends...I think?

Length
    27/27/100
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Question Split ends...I think?

I think what I have might just be lots of random splits but I'm really not sure. It almost looks like frizz. Is there any ideas out there how to fix it or help try to fix it or at least make it look better?!

Banned
    Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Split ends...I think?

The only way to get rid of split ends is too cut them off.I know it's really not ...pleasant.Or,you can you use a shampoo with silicones,which coates the hair and for a short period makes the ends look normal.But I don't really recomend it.

Length
    27/27/100
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Question Re: Split ends...I think?

Quote Originally Posted by mali View Post
    The only way to get rid of split ends is too cut them off.I know it's really not ...pleasant.Or,you can you use a shampoo with silicones,which coates the hair and for a short period makes the ends look normal.But I don't really recomend it.

I don't know if this is what you mean (I hope its not!)...but I don't just have splits on the end, its kinda all over. I call 'em break-offs, as technical as that sounds...

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii/iii

I'm currently wrestling with the same problem. How long is your hair? Mine is BSL, and I think all of the split ends/breakage is being caused by my hair rubbing against clothes. I recently trimmed about an inch off, and I try to keep it in protective styles all the time now. Not fun, I know, but until it grows out of this dangerous friction zone, I'm going to keep it up.
    Maybe try it out for a while and see if that helps to improve your breakage.

Length
    27/27/100
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Smile Re: Split ends...I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Khepri View Post
    I'm currently wrestling with the same problem. How long is your hair? Mine is BSL, and I think all of the split ends/breakage is being caused by my hair rubbing against clothes. I recently trimmed about an inch off, and I try to keep it in protective styles all the time now. Not fun, I know, but until it grows out of this dangerous friction zone, I'm going to keep it up.
    Maybe try it out for a while and see if that helps to improve your breakage.

Mines BSL too. Right now I'm trying to find out how to do a bun with... hair sticks? I think your idea about the friction is probably true. Safety first when it comes to hair I guess!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

If you've got lots of shorter hairs sticking out at various lengths, some of it may be breakage, but most of it will be new hairs. Every day hairs shed out. Every day hairs grow in. You will always have lots of lengths.

Length
    Chin/bsl/dunno
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

My splits are caused by bleaching. -sadface-
    I'm holding them off with some coney conditioner, and when my hair grows longer, at least APL, I'm cutting them off. I would S&D now, but my scissors are bad and are making them worse. (And I'm barber paranoid, so I'm not letting anyone cut my already really short hair.)
    Lady Eutychia of the Joyous Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    I'm a super lurker!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by lyssymae View Post
    I think what I have might just be lots of random splits but I'm really not sure. It almost looks like frizz. Is there any ideas out there how to fix it or help try to fix it or at least make it look better?!
    This may help, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=3991.

Silicones are not evil, http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2...hair-care.html.

Length
    ?/Hip/?

I love that chart! Now I'm going to try to read runes in my splits.
    ... Shed time, its not just for drummers ....

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by swivelhop View Post
    I love that chart! Now I'm going to try to read runes in my splits.
    Yeah, I thought it was more educational and comprehensive than electron microscope photos.

Runes, love it, lol.