Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hair left in braid for a week

Length
    pixie/50?/70?
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by angelthadiva View Post
    I don't understand how people's hair is getting tangly when it's braided?! ...

I don't know how you all are taking your braids down, but if you start at the bottom and slowly unbraid (reverse braid) your hair won't tangle.
    Not necessarily true, but I'm glad it is for you.

With my hair, it's only braided at 5-8 inches and downward. The crown and front hairs pull loose and in a wind they definitely tangle. And where I live, there is Definitely Wind. The wind takes the hair, pulls and twists it and creates tangles.

And my hair is not tangle-prone.

After a day, even w/o wind, the braid has loosened and looks crappy. I'll wear it that way anyway if I'm not going anywhere ...
    Last edited by blue_nant; May 23rd, 2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: crappy spelling
    May 2008: Natural waves, prior to drying, when it straightens out.
    Lady Nant Botanica of the Stubborn Jaw from the Land of Nees

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I have fairly straight hair and can also leave a braid in for several days with no trouble afterward. So long as it was detangled to start, it doesn't get any new tangles. It gets a bit fuzzy and a little looser around the base but fine for camping.

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by angelthadiva View Post
    I don't understand how people's hair is getting tangly when it's braided?!

I've had my hair braided several times (micro, box braids) and my hair was not tangly when I took them out...I kept this hair style up for several weeks at a time, and only washed a few times during the style.

If I wear my hair in a single English, French or Dutch braid, my hair does tend to get wispy if it's worn this way for longer than a day, and the style doesn't look that fresh...I would normally just take it down, comb my hair out and redo the style...

I don't know how you all are taking your braids down, but if you start at the bottom and slowly unbraid (reverse braid) your hair won't tangle.
    Really glad it works for you. It doesn't for everyone, even if we follow the standard "unbraid from the bottom" procedure (is there any other way??).

My hair vehemently opposes being neatly braided for very long at all, particularly if I have to walk out the front door. Perhaps it's to do with the relative fineness/coarseness of each of our hair? I know that once my wispies come out of the braid (which they do without a great deal of assistance at all - even a light breeze brings them out some days), they promptly tie themselves in knots along the outside of the braid. Untangling that = not so much fun. Thanks, hair.

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

if you make a secure french or dutch braid, you can leave it in for several days. I did this once when I had to say in the hospital for a week. Its no problem. If your hair is dry, and swim in salt water it helps to wash out the salt.
    [URL="http://Hair1.jpg"][SIGPIC]

Length
    BSL/55"/40''

I can leave a braid in for three to four days without a problem.

Might be because you don't have cookies activated.

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

fatmoogas, did you actually read the topic...??

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rae~ View Post
    fatmoogas, did you actually read the topic...??
    I think his/her reply was to the second part of the OP, about the repeated logins. I think.

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Oh, heh. I'd already forgotten about that part. Oops.