Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can somebody help me with this?

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Can somebody help me with this?

Well everytime I look at the mirror I begin to boil inside,it's about 3 years now I have babyfine hairs on the left and right side of my hair,and in the 3 years that been gone I haven't see any grow on it . My hair parts on the left and right side are alo very thin and you can almost see my scalp to. Does someone please could help me with this problem? I have also many hairloss, for about 3 months,I have took vitamine supplements for it but it dind't work at all!

2 years ago I have tried Vichy Aminexyl,some hairtubes with a hormone (I think) but it costs about 50 euro's and if you stop it, your hair loss becomes back

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Can somebody help me with this?

I think people will need more information on how you care for yourself and your hair? Do you have any known medical issues that would cause hairloss? There are lots of supplements you can take to help stimulate growth, and oils and such that you can use on your scalp. Please give more information so that the people here can offer better advice
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm sorry,I only take the anti-conception pill, no more than that! My haircare routine is 1x week co with Kruidvat conditioner and the second is a masker from Ultra Doux with kamilleflowers and flowerhoney. I also do 1x a week the cwc, first conditioner is also from Kruidvat, the shampoo is from Redken for color treaded hair and then I use a mask or conditioner from Redken.

I also use oil such as coconut oil and Indian herbal oil with a lot of herbs (nothing chemical in it).
    I have taken multivitamines for vegans because I don't eat much meat, i'm not vegan.
    Now I'm taking a supplement for hairgrowth,with MSM and BIotine.

On my scalp I use the Indian oil,it contains castor oil, i've seen on this forum that its good for fine hair.
    I also color my hair chemicaly by the hairdresser because i can't get the color that I want with henna or other natural stuff.
    (In the past I have used it and my hair was thicker but not at the sides of my scalp)

Maby I must post a picture to be more clear?

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Well that gives a lot more info Of course I am stymied, it seems you have a good routine, very similar to many others here. No thyroid, hormone or circulation issues mentioned, you seem to be getting vitamins...I'm no expert anyway. Perhaps other people here will have similar experiences and can do you better than I have.
    My hair thins when my nutrition gets neglected or when it's pulled tightly back all the time.
    Some hair thinning is just par for the course as we age, my hair thins around the temples and one spot on my crown. I don't know if any of this will help you, but here's what I use to try and combat it:
    Rosemary EO
    Carrot Seed OE
    Tea Tree EO
    Peppermint EO
    Capsicum Oleoresin - or cayenne pepper if you can get it - HOT
    Broccoli Seed Oil
    Salicylic acid
    Amla Oil
    Cinnamon
    I use these in carrier oils like Coconut, and massage them on my scalp. I believe that if the substance cools, tingles or heats up your scalp, it will invigorate circulation to the follicles, which in theory is supposed to gelp the hair grow. Some also use MN, there is a whole Monistat culture and I'm sure there's a thread or two on this site devoted to the matter.
    You should post a pic GL!
    Last edited by aenflex; September 15th, 2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: adding one word
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Mind you, some thinness at the temples and short hairs around the hairline are completely normal. A lot of the hairs nearest my face never grow long enough to come near my shoulders and are quite fine. In this case, it's a short terminal length, and I've heard that it has to do with the transition from the fuzzy little hairs on the face to full-blown head hair. Similarly, having hair on one side be a bit thinner than the other isn't at all unusual. When I part my hair down the middle and do two braids, the right one is a bit thinner, though it's probably only noticeable to me and folks who are really examining it closely.

I don't know whether what you're upset about is within the bounds of "normal" and you're feeling self-conscious about it, or if there's more going on. So if you're comfortable, definitely post or link to a picture.

One thing that might be worth looking into is the drug minoxidil. It's sold over the counter in the US as "Rogaine" or various generics, and it helps a lot of folks with thinning hair, male and female. It's less than ideal, but it seems to stimulate the scalp, increase circulation, and encourage hair growth.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    One thing that might be worth looking into is the drug minoxidil. It's sold over the counter in the US as "Rogaine" or various generics, and it helps a lot of folks with thinning hair, male and female. It's less than ideal, but it seems to stimulate the scalp, increase circulation, and encourage hair growth.
    Here in Belgium you can get it only in pharmacy's, I am not sure if I could get it without precription.

For the picture, i will take it after the weekend,then my hair is washed and you will see it better than now, when its a bit oily because I did oil on the parts.

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

how close are the hairs to your ears? I ask because the stuff closest to my ears actually is just long enough to curl around my ears and touch my earlobes, but that's the longest its ever been. and the stuff just behind that is no longer than chin length but that might be from my combing deep treatments through dry hair (tends to be... sticky and difficult.)

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

They are close to my ears,i just can put it after my ears,not much more than that. but the problem zone is a little bit higher than my ears.

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

hm... not sure then. I hope its nothing too bad, and I hope someone here can help

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

If you're that worried, I'd have a doctor take a look at it, especially if it wasn't that see-through or thin before.

I have shorter, baby-fine hairs above and round my ears too. In fact, they're all over, all around my hairline, some shorter than others, some pieces thicker than others (as if it's a tiny chunk that's growing back). It's perfectly normal to have these wispy bits right around your hairline.

Take a pic, show us.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)