Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

  1. #1
    Member Kelli Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,336
    Length
    shrt/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Unfortunately not a cinnabun (I'm still working on that one) but a sock bun. All of the videos I watched on youtube showed wrapping left over hair around the bun, is that right? Is there another way to do it where all of the hair is in the bun and not wrapped around?



    ETA - I also wanted to mention, any advice on controlling the flyaways would be most welcome.
    Last edited by Kelli Kat; September 13th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
    My cats are the boss of me.
    My Blog -http://katsklawpolish.blogspot.com/
    Owen and Iggy's Blog: http://owenthedragon.blogspot.com/



  2. #2
    DIY maniac serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    serbia
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,443
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did



    Better late than never !

  3. #3
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,079

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Yep, Loepsie's Fully-Rolled Sock Bun has become one of my absolute favorite hairstyles. It will take practice, but it is super easy and fast once you get it down.

    If you are doing a normal sock bun and you don't wish to just wrap your leftover hair around, you could always braid it first and then wrap. I think it looks great, especially when done with longer hair.

    Your sock bun looks wonderful with your dark, shiny hair!

  4. #4
    The No Spin Zone christine1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    3,556
    Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Yours looks great! I do mine by making a pony tail then rolling the sock upward (starting at the end of the ponytail) and the hair wraps around it starting at the ends so the end result is all of the hair rolled into the bun. I also use a drop or two of castor oil to help make it stay and get rid of the frizz.

  5. #5
    Member Kelli Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,336
    Length
    shrt/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    Thanks for the link, I'm going to have practice that but I like the look better than the wrapped around one.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissManda View Post
    Yep, Loepsie's Fully-Rolled Sock Bun has become one of my absolute favorite hairstyles. It will take practice, but it is super easy and fast once you get it down.

    If you are doing a normal sock bun and you don't wish to just wrap your leftover hair around, you could always braid it first and then wrap. I think it looks great, especially when done with longer hair.

    Your sock bun looks wonderful with your dark, shiny hair!
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by christine1989 View Post
    Yours looks great! I do mine by making a pony tail then rolling the sock upward (starting at the end of the ponytail) and the hair wraps around it starting at the ends so the end result is all of the hair rolled into the bun. I also use a drop or two of castor oil to help make it stay and get rid of the frizz.
    Thanks.
    My cats are the boss of me.
    My Blog -http://katsklawpolish.blogspot.com/
    Owen and Iggy's Blog: http://owenthedragon.blogspot.com/



  6. #6
    Member 2peasinapod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    928
    Length
    pixie/Shldr/APL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    It looks great! I can't wait until my hair is long enough to do one! I don't have any advice for the flyaways (I get those with updos, too ), but I think your hair still looks neat.
    26/8/1916 - 21/09/2010

  7. #7
    Member Kelli Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,336
    Length
    shrt/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Thanks 2peasinapod
    My cats are the boss of me.
    My Blog -http://katsklawpolish.blogspot.com/
    Owen and Iggy's Blog: http://owenthedragon.blogspot.com/



  8. #8
    Member Phexlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    over the hills and far away
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,158
    Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Lovely sockbun!

    MissManda already told you about the other options of reducing the leftover hair... a ropebraid to wrap around looks great as well, so feel free to experiment.
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

  9. #9
    The Seeker FrannyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8,008
    Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Beautiful sock bun! I think it's lovely as it is.

    I can't seem to do Loepsie's like most others can, but that might be because my hair is so fine and straight. Maybe you'll get with practice. In the meantime, your bun doesn't look as though it could be any prettier.

  10. #10
    Member Kelli Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,336
    Length
    shrt/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: I Did It - At Least I Think I Did

    Quote Originally Posted by Phexlyn View Post
    Lovely sockbun!

    MissManda already told you about the other options of reducing the leftover hair... a ropebraid to wrap around looks great as well, so feel free to experiment.
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    Beautiful sock bun! I think it's lovely as it is.

    I can't seem to do Loepsie's like most others can, but that might be because my hair is so fine and straight. Maybe you'll get with practice. In the meantime, your bun doesn't look as though it could be any prettier.
    Thanks. Mine is fine and straight also and I'm not very coordinated, so we'll see if I can pull it off Loepsie's way, I haven't tried it yet.
    My cats are the boss of me.
    My Blog -http://katsklawpolish.blogspot.com/
    Owen and Iggy's Blog: http://owenthedragon.blogspot.com/



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •