Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip | Tailbone

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Hip | Tailbone

We have "waist to hip" and "waist to TBL" threads but for those of us who are growing from waist to TBL it would be fun to jump to this thread from "waist to TBL" I think. I'd feel like a level up

It's weird feeling- to be a host of such thread with hair at BSL I cannot wait until I'll be able to be here literally!
    Last edited by Henrietta; September 12th, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Length
    14 in/37.75/41-42
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hip to TBL

I hear ya. I'm just now beginning to brush hip, and I think the urge to trim might start getting difficult to ignore. My current plan is to reach tailbone and maintain there for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to start thickening up my ends and trimming off damage from my years of hair sin.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodienne View Post
    I hear ya. I'm just now beginning to brush hip, and I think the urge to trim might start getting difficult to ignore. My current plan is to reach tailbone and maintain there for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to start thickening up my ends and trimming off damage from my years of hair sin.
    Yaay! Hello there
    I used to have such plan too, stop at TBL on my way to knee to thicken up the ends. Now I do regular small trims, as I couldn't get to TBL without the damage going miles and miles up on my length. We'll see...

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

One day, i'll be in here!! o.0 tailbone length is my ultimate goal!

Grow hair grow!
    [I]APL --> BSL --> WL --> TBL

Length
    14 in/37.75/41-42
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    Yaay! Hello there
    I used to have such plan too, stop at TBL on my way to knee to thicken up the ends. Now I do regular small trims, as I couldn't get to TBL without the damage going miles and miles up on my length. We'll see...
    My original goal was classic, but I'm kinda wondering if I should just stop at TB...I love the way it looks and for me, it might result in less damage over time in the way of catching it on things/sitting on it, etc.
    Lady Pandia of the Everbright Stars in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodienne View Post
    My original goal was classic, but I'm kinda wondering if I should just stop at TB...I love the way it looks and for me, it might result in less damage over time in the way of catching it on things/sitting on it, etc.
    I have the same issue to think over. Or I had. Today morning I officially changed my goal from knee to classic. I think it would be better and more positive to go to classic and possibly decide "Let's go to knee!" than, with a goal established at knee- go to classic and decide to stop. Reasons are the same- classic length IS long enough and easier to manage than knee.
    You will see Stopping for thickening a hemline is a good idea anyway

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

After 2 years this thread needs a bump. (Because I killed it, nothing new .)
    So, a bump!
    I'm still not at hip, personally, but I'm relatively close.

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I had just reached hip last year around Nov, I think, and then BCL in Jan., TBL came around June. I got a trim in July, so it was back to BCL. It is hovering between BCL and TBL at the moment.

It is still layered and has a V hem, so it doesn't always seem as long, sine the sides are a bit shorter and the length is not as heavy as it would be all-one-length. It is getting close to my all-time longest length, when I was dating HB and he kept telling me to cut it! I asked him about it this weekend, but he says, no don't cut it, its pretty. I think I know more about keeping it out of the way and the ends are healthier now than back then (think 8 years ago.) I didn't cut it back then for years at a time.

I'm thinking my goal may be classic...

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelikea View Post
    I had just reached hip last year around Nov, I think, and then BCL in Jan., TBL came around June. I got a trim in July, so it was back to BCL. It is hovering between BCL and TBL at the moment.

It is still layered and has a V hem, so it doesn't always seem as long, sine the sides are a bit shorter and the length is not as heavy as it would be all-one-length. It is getting close to my all-time longest length, when I was dating HB and he kept telling me to cut it! I asked him about it this weekend, but he says, no don't cut it, its pretty. I think I know more about keeping it out of the way and the ends are healthier now than back then (think 8 years ago.) I didn't cut it back then for years at a time.

I'm thinking my goal may be classic...
    My goal is classic too.

We're both at 33.5 now, right? For me it's around hip. And you're at BCL. WOW!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Hi, Henrietta! We used to be in the BSL to Waist thread together!

I think I belong here now. I'm three centimetres from tailbone stretched, and comfortably below hip curly. I'm planning to maintain with microtrims for some time once I reach tailbone to try to thicken up my ends, so I'm likely to be sticking around for quite some time. Nice meeting everyone!