Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does your hair FEEL?

Length
    19"/43"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default How does your hair FEEL?

When the hair goes up, I cease to worry about it. I have a repertoire of hairstyles that don't pull . . . and I use them. My hair at this length needs a good solid distributed hairstyle. I often wear an Equilibrium Bun, Infinity Bun (made several ways), Braided Chinese Bun, or rope braid bun. For the most part, I like that it means my hair is "taken care of." Hairs escape, mine is really wavy. It actually looks better that way.

But how does it feel! Mostly, it feels cooler and after a few minutes, I sort of forget about my hair. If there's a hairstyle that slips or slides or needs redoing, it won't last long. I'll just swirl it up into an stab it into submission with a big hair fork or a stick.

If my hair is down and braided, it usually means I couldn't get my hair to go up right--or I have a headache--or Zowie has been braiding my hair. I LOVE the feel of my long braid. My braid goes nearly to my belly button when I bring it around front and I LOVE that. What I don't like is that my hair has to be at least 4-5 days after a wash to make a neat braid. I do love the way it feels when it swings. What I DON"T like is that people seem to feel entitled to touch it or play with it.

In the evening, I usually take it down, detangle it, and give my scalp a good massage. Quite often, I do this while sitting with the family, watching a movie or such. I love that feeling when I lift my hair up and flip it up over the sofa table behind the couch (no ornaments there, on purpose). The hair around my scalp opens up and I feel sooooo relaxed.

Weirdly, I love the feel of my hair on my shoulders and back, but I don't like it sticking to my neck. I also don't like it hanging down in my face. So when I take it down, I use a pair of great big side combs to keep it behind me. If it's warm, I usually pick up a big slide and gather it all a few inches from my head, just to keep it off my neck.

How does your hair feel?
    [/URL]

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: How does your hair FEEL?

All my buns are beginning to feel really tight around my hairline at the forehead. I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a receding hair line because of traction. I don't pull them tight, either. I think it's the weight.

My hair is slippy-slidey; it's nearly impossible to secure braids wrapped around my head, which I imagine would feel better (not so much pull). But it almost never works for me.

I'm finding that I just hate the feel of a braid swinging around or a bun at the nape of my neck.

Length
    Chin/TBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I too like my hair off my neck and out of my face for the most part.

My biggest go-to styles are twisted and braided cinna buns and tucked log rolls. I do braided Chinese buns and a couple others on rare occasions. When it's up, it feels nicely contained and smooth. The weight is evenly distributed.

I've taken to wearing my hair in a simple braid more often lately, but I can't do it at work (Don't want the tail swiping someones ice cream cone when I spin around!) or when I'm cleaning. But I enjoy the feeling of my braid hanging.

I also love to toss my hair over the back of the couch or chair if it's loose... it really does seem to free up the scalp!

Lady Sunrise of the Prairie

Length
    chin/waist/knee
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I never wore buns as a kid and still hate it. The hairsticks are helping but I'm lazy and just leave it down most of the time. I can't do high ponytails, either.
    Lady Branwen of the Sunlit Glory
    COMFORT THE DISTURBED. DISTURB THE COMFORTABLE.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Most of the time my hair doesn't feel heavy. The worst is a high ponytail which I never do anymore. I don't like the feel of a high bun either. A nape bun feels the best. I like that little slight weight at low back of my head. I love my braid swinging around. Until it got past mid back braided it was like a stiff stick on the back of my head. I didn't like that. Now it swings and flops and that feels good. I love my hair when it's wet. It's cold and heavy and I love that. I love leaning on it the few occasions when I wear it down. It reminds me hey I have long hair.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I have to do really specific updos if I'm going to do them at all, or else I end up taking them down after a minute or two due to pulling or general annoyance. My favourites right now are Gibson tucks and braids - mostly heidi braids pinned up or side braids. I also often do a Lazy Wrap, cause it's easy and fast, and because I can remember how to do it without having to re-look it up!

I love the feel of my hair down. Unfortunately, it's not practical for some activities.

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Type
    1a/M/ii

When I put it in a bun, I forget about it after a short while, unless I did it wrong and then I feel pulling on my scalp after a while.
    I only wear braids at home, because they get really fuzzy really fast (unless I heavy-oil my hair), but I still like the feel of the braid swishing behind me every time I turn
    My favorite feeling is the feeling of my loose hair on my back - it feels so nice and comforting for some reason

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

When it's in a good updo it doesn't feel at all If the bun is too tight I don't feel my scalp hair pulling. It's a headache at once.

When it's down I don't particularly like the feeling of having my hair on my face. I love my side layers but I'd prefer them staying in the back I like it when my hair touches my back, so I feel how long it is

Yesterday night, just before going to bed, so I had my mane in an English braid, I discovered that I like my braid. It started to feel long too, I don't even know when.

When my hair is down it goes everywhere and it feels like a mane, which is alright sometimes, but I definitely prefer it back usually in a ponytail. I like the feel of it on my back and shoulders, which is probably why i like the ponytail it feels long with being in my face, and being a guy it is more than acceptable.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

At my short length I really need to be careful how I anchor my hair styles when using forks and sticks. Forks, while holding my hair the best and feeling supper secure, can really pull on the section of hair they’re anchored to (ouch ).

My favorite toy at the moment is a stick… if positioned right it feels secure and not to tight. Scrunchies/tucked in pony-tails are my lazy style- they also feel great… not to tight. I like my hair up and out of the way… its easily forgotten that way too.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.