Page 583 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 834835335735815825835845855936336831083 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 13682

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by lindaslocks View Post
    I've just had a trim to waist to get rid of some very thin ends from layers so it feels like I'm starting over even though I only got about 2" off
    I really should cut that much off, too, but I can't bear to part with that much length all at once. I'm going to trim a whopping 1 cm in two weeks and then resume my regular 5 mm monthly trims in January. It feels like so much to take an entire centimeter off in one trim. I hope I don't chicken out. I figure I'm making slow but sure progress on my ends. I wish I could have super growth and trim the thin/splitty/face-frame parts off faster. I hope yours grows back quickly. Enjoy your fresh ends!

Quote Originally Posted by FireFromWithin View Post
    LLL it sounds like you really made an impact with your hair down! I always find after compliments I want to wear it down more but I also feel like wearing it up most of the time gives a bigger impact when it is down.
    I feel the same, but I know it's more exciting if I wear it up all the time and then let it down and wow people with it. I really can't wear it down all the time anyway. My hair is too fine and gets mechanical damage so easily. I actually don't think my hair is wow-worthy yet, but people are shocked because my bun is not huge (it's not filled with air like their messy buns are, and it doesn't have a sock in it to give fake volume). They expect to see much shorter hair if I wear it down.

Quote Originally Posted by caromarpie View Post
    It has been a while since I post some of my progress. It is slowly growing but very very very slowly. I wish I could reacj TBL this year but to be realistic it is more going to happen next year but at least they are longer. Here a pic of this week . The bottom of my shirt is where TBL is for me and a another picture of me this august to show you the difference.

I agree it will likely be early next year when you make TBL, and maybe a bit longer if you do any trimming. It's looking long, in any case!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonAngel View Post
    Oh Tailbone tailbone why do you seem like the door at the end of a corridoor in a dream that you just cant quite get closer to however fast you run ? . My scalp keeps pumping out new growth ( I can tell by the grey roots that appear) and yet somehow the ends get no closer to tailbone....I dont have split ends so the length must be going somewhere ? perhaps the new length gets lost in my natural waves ? perhaps the hair fairy takes a little trim in the night or perhaps there is a bermuda triangle where all the extra hair growth hides with all my odd socks and scrunchies ? who knows ? lol
    Ahhh, the elusive TBL, lol! Your length is probably hiding in your waves and whirls. If you find that Bermuda triangle with all the socks, scrunchies, bobby pins and hair pins, let me know where it is so I can retrieve mine!

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tini'sNewHair View Post
    LLL I started noticing that to, soo exciting!! I'm so excited about BCL, new territory its going to be amazing when I let my hair down and it oh so long

Gorgeous hair there minaa, you look so be at waist+ already

hmm I will let someone else explain BCL lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Johannah View Post
    Oh yeah, I got this as well! Wonderful feeling!
    I was too curious and had to ask my husband to measure how far between my hem and my ehem, bodymarker.

Last time I had him measure this distance it was four inches away... that was July-August I think. When I had him measure this time it was only 3 inches!!! So, it's not in my imagination. I gained an inch, even though I've been trimming 5 mm a month.

Hmmm, makes me want to reconsider my planned 1 cm trim next month. I don't want to go backwards in my growth by trimming too much. Maybe if I just do a super-thorough S&D I can get away with only trimming 5 mm again. I hate to lose any length, but I also hate split ends.

SavedByGraceThroughFaith JadedByEntropy's Avatar
    Length
    52/48/52
    Type
    2a/C/iii

caromarpie
    Your waves are so pretty! it shows so much texture and makes your hair look longer because there is interest to the hair itself without having crazy layers. -Its like a measuring stick that people can see its not just the ends are all the way down there, but there is actually hair that spans the entire distance. I think that gets lost on straight hair. Sure, losing length stinks, but its sure worth it for the awe.

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    I was too curious and had to ask my husband to measure how far between my hem and my ehem, bodymarker.

Last time I had him measure this distance it was four inches away... that was July-August I think. When I had him measure this time it was only 3 inches!!! So, it's not in my imagination. I gained an inch, even though I've been trimming 5 mm a month.

Hmmm, makes me want to reconsider my planned 1 cm trim next month. I don't want to go backwards in my growth by trimming too much. Maybe if I just do a super-thorough S&D I can get away with only trimming 5 mm again. I hate to lose any length, but I also hate split ends.
    Congrats!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Sigh, still struggling to get past waist. I have such a long torso; I hope that means I won't be in the giant butt abyss as long...
    I'll probably get a new picture up after Dec. 1, my next measure date.
    Current - APL+
    Longest - BCL
    Lady Primeveire, Tamer of Steeds and Unruly Tresses, in the Order of the LHKs

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I never get past waist. Never. Blargh.

I may skip my Dec trim too, and see if my photo shows any progress. I really want SOME visual progress confirmed by my eyes before I cut at all.
    Long hair until Henna disaster April 2014.... Big Chop April 2015 to cut it out. Growing my natural color long! My blog

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

It's been so long since I was on the forums, I skipped bra-band-to-waist entirely and went straight on into waist-to-wherever territory! I'm about an inch away from the level of the tops of my hip bones, and about 4 inches away from the top of the butt crack. So close, and yet so far.

It's starting to really feel long, though. This is the longest my hair has been since I was 6 years old (so, twenty years?) so everything from bra band/midback has felt Very Long to me. I have a lot of layers in, as short as my chin, but I think they'll grow out into a really nice deep U hemline for now, and I don't do a lot of braiding. I can always start trimming back once I get to a comfortable length, maybe, or start trimming it from the bottom instead of the compact cut up top like I have been.
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by leilani View Post
    I never get past waist. Never. Blargh.

I may skip my Dec trim too, and see if my photo shows any progress. I really want SOME visual progress confirmed by my eyes before I cut at all.
    Sending encouragement your way! You've had a rough go with the henna and all, so don't worry too much. I know it is hard to not get frustrated when there seems to be little to no progress. Surely your hair will eventually make it past waist. Conditions haven't been suited to it yet, but it'll happen.

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Ahhh, the elusive TBL, lol! Your length is probably hiding in your waves and whirls. If you find that Bermuda triangle with all the socks, scrunchies, bobby pins and hair pins, let me know where it is so I can retrieve mine!
    hahaha I am thinking of having one of those gumball dispensers for my hair bands in my house so when they dissapear I just twist the knob and another drops into the tray.

Length
    shoul/waist/40
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

I like your curls it so long like a mermaids hair