Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

I saw there is a thread called bsl to waist, and I have been at waist for some time now and I'm heading towards tailbone. I wanted to ask people how long it took them and if you had to tweak your routine on your way. Just talk about the journey

Length
    APL/Hip/class
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii/iii

I am currently brushing hip with a U hemline. When the top of the U reaches hip, I plan to about 2 inches to thicken my hemline and hopefully get rid of a lot of the taper. Then I'll be on my way to TB!!
    My current rountine is WO. I've been doing that now for 5 months and really like it. I'm only shedding about 10-20 hairs a day since I started it. I also henna every 2 months.

The last time I cut my hair was January 2006. But before the cut I was at BSL with long layers and I wanted it all one length to grow out. So I had it cut to shoulder length. So from shoulder to hip in 2.5 years isn't bad.

~~> Queen of Typos <~~

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I've been at waist for a while, too, and my goal is tailbone. My hair has recently become wavier and looks shorter than waist , but stretched it's definitely around hip area. That's my longest layer and fairytale ends, though, as I'm growing from a shoulder length layered cut without trimming. The shortest layer is currently past BSL.

To reach tailbone I need another 5-6 inches, which I hope I'll get by summer 2009. Since BSL I've had slightly less than average growth speed. Maybe some supplements will speed things up - I've heard good things about kelp and horsetail. I tried miconazole (Daktarin) but haven't had spectacular results.

Recently, I've discovered I really need to put my hair up the majority of the time, especially when out of the house. OK, I might wear my hair down for a night out, but on the way there (and back) it *has* to be safely contained. Otherwise it can tangle badly, not to mention get caught in straps, doors, elbows... I also braid for sleeping.

Now, I hope that someone who has actually reached tailbone will reply to your question, Isilme! I just wanted to join the W2T crowd...

Length
    shoul/waist/40
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

I like your curls it so long like a mermaids hair

Length
    6/42/45
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I believe it took me a bit over a year to grow from waist to tailbone.

As a disclaimer, though, I really had no idea how to take care of my hair until this year. There was a lot of breakage and taper. I trimmed it back to waist to "start over" after discovering LHC so I'll see how it goes this time. My eventual goal is classic, but I'm sure I'll have to be much more patient for that.

Length
    APL/BCL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wolf girl View Post
    I am currently brushing hip with a U hemline. When the top of the U reaches hip, I plan to about 2 inches to thicken my hemline and hopefully get rid of a lot of the taper. Then I'll be on my way to TB!!
    I think I'm about the same. Have reached hip with a U/V shape, and when the rest of it catches up, I'll take off a couple of inches, and probably maintain for awhile or whatever - I'll leave that up to my hair lol

Length
    tailb/chin/???
    Type
    3a/C/iii

I've passed my waist area and I think I'm solidly in hip range these days. I haven't done any changes to my routine but I do wear it up most of the time.
    Lady Delenn, Priestess of the Falling Stars in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I passed waist in november or so, and now I am at hip... I actually planned to stay here for a while and thicken my ends, but they don't look that bad, so I think I'll just let it grow... I hope I get down to tailbone until december.

Length
    27''/27''/28wst
    Type
    2a/M/iii

i noticed we have very similar hair type..are there some tips that you advice?
    Thankss

hippie in a redneck world naomimcc's Avatar
    Length
    chin/?/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Iylivarae View Post
    I passed waist in november or so, and now I am at hip... I actually planned to stay here for a while and thicken my ends, but they don't look that bad, so I think I'll just let it grow... I hope I get down to tailbone until december.
    Same here.