Page 1358 of 1376 FirstFirst ... 358858125813081348135613571358135913601368 ... LastLast
Results 13,571 to 13,580 of 13755

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    buzz/HL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    A while ago I was talking about having one-sided breakage. I thought I'd share this pic to show how dire the situation actually is. It would take at least 2 years for the right side to catch up with the rest, if I managed to get to the root cause of the breakage and stop it. I'm pretty sure that wearing a side braid over my left shoulder has been a big culprit, because as you can see the broken part is almost exactly 1/3 of my hair, like it would be divided into braid sections.

I've tried to wear a side braid over my right shoulder for balance, but because of cowlicks and stuff, my hair just doesn't want to flow that way nicely. So I've tried to minimize braid wearing altogether and do stick buns instead, but sometimes I just want to wear a braid. It feels and looks nice! I wonder if bunning can cause damage too, like if I always twist the hair a certain way? Maybe I should learn some more different buns. Mostly I wear a nautilus, sometimes LWB.

The unevenness doesn't always look this severe if I brush and style etc, but it's there underneath. Well, I'll deal with this, just wanted to rant and give a warning example

The right side of my hair is APL while the rest is HL *facepalm*

Oh, I've also thought about starting to do the braid straight down my back, but it's more difficult to do (just lack of practise I guess). But I've been liking side braids, because then you can see my hair in the front. Looking at this pic though, I think I have to stop.
    Oh wow, sarana, that is pretty wild! I can't say I've seen breakage in that pattern. I hope it's just the side braid, like you suspect, and not something more complicated.

When it comes to straight down the back english braids, (as you probably already know), it's really only the first few iterations that you have to do behind your head. Then you can pull the braid over one shoulder to complete it, but it will still hang down straight when you're done. I'm sure you could get the hang of it!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

sarana!! I went through my old photos and found, as I thought to remember, that I had breakage in a similar pattern way back. This picture is from 2018. My hair had severe bleach damage back then, so I wouldn't know what the exact cause of the breakage was. Just thought it interesting.

Your hair is beautiful, eresh! Glad to hear you're enjoying the face-framing bits, too. Same here after I had mine cut in.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Sarana, I recall you mentioning this happen but I couldn’t really tell from the other photos. I do read to vary our styles to minimize stressing the strands in the same way every day, so it could be your preferred side braid I guess What are your detangling practices, is there some mechanical damage happening there as well?

I find the areas I have trouble maintaining length and get a lot of breakage is from brushing. I used to brush my hair over one shoulder then the other, and lots of damage from the hair that grows behind my ears. I now section my hair into 2-4 sections and finger detangle first then brush. I still have damage there, but since I have been more or less maintaining my length I see it getting better slowly since changing my habits.

I find 2 medium claw clips and loosely twisted cinnabun to be an easy and gentle go-to bun that doesn’t cause damage. I have flexi’s but this is often my look, I wear it at my nape and as a top bun and everywhere in between to alternate any tension.

I believe you can grow out that section!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

It's still so beautiful and those buns are gorgeous!
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Welcome here eresh, and your hair is beautiful. I know you have a health issue, but it really looks beautiful and full to me.

Sarana, I am sorry this is happening to your right side. Two things come to mind, apart from what was already said - first, do you , by any chance, prefer to sleep on the right side? I have seen this happening on people who prefer one side to sleep on - the constant rubbing could also cause this.
    Second - apart from the hairstyle causing it, maybe you have a different thickness on your left/right side? I too notice that I have slightly thicker growth on my left side and thinner on the right side of my head (and I don´t know of any cause).
    I am dealing with as fine hair as yours. Yes, I constantly worry about breakage. I don´t do tight buns and even with those I consider non-harmful I always worry about wrapping too tight (and if I don´t wrap tight enough, they fall out...). If I wear a braid, it´s straight down my back (I actually like that it no longer flips to the front, it´s long enough to stay put) and only when my length is oiled, to prevent friction on clothes.
    I mostly wear buns and I use a different tool every day: claw clip, hair stick, hair fork, scrunchie. I change placements: low, middle, top of the head. And I rotate this many buns (I have a list written down so I don´t forget): center held braided bun, chameleon, nautilus and double wrapped nautilus, gibraltar, inverted log roll, log roll, LWB, Milady´s bun, Neoma knot, pretzel bun, scrunchie bun, spock bun, swirly bun and tatsilus bun.
    And coronet braid is a good option, if you´d like it!

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Thanks for the welcome all

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Sometimes it feels like my hair is shrinking instead of growing (especially when I take it out of the bun every evening, because the ends are curled up).
    So I took a measurement today, and that feeling is quite unfounded. I stopped measuring last September, because it started to feel obsessive.
    Based on today´s measurement, I realized my hair is not only growing (a shocker, I know), but at a quite astonishing (for me) rate too, of approximately 2 cm a month. I had really thought I had lost all my racers during the excessive autumnal shed (which has finally stopped, thanks the all long-haired gods), but no, all is well
    I plan on calling TBL (or mid-bottom) when I reach 100 cm (measured from hairline) in a few months, by summer.

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Oh, that's excellent news, Nefcerka. How exciting!!
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    Pixie/BCL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Welcome, Eresh! That dragonfly flexi is so beautiful, as is your hair Without knowing exactly where TBL is on you, I'd say it definitely looks between TBL and Classic at a glance.

Congrats on the growth, Nefcerka! We're very close in length so seeing you hit your goals is inspiring

I took a month or two of growth off due to a much needed trim, so I'm back to the 35" I initially measured from the top of the hairline. One of the biggest perks of measuring very infrequently is not knowing how far you actually got before a trim. Doesn't feel like I lost anything, just stalled haha.

Speaking of measuring, I think most people on LHC measure from the top of the hairline and down the back, right? I think I remember seeing a thread about measuring using this method, but I've seen longhairs in other online circles measure from the middle of the part and down the side which makes the measurement significantly shorter.
    Last edited by Kelp; January 14th, 2024 at 12:25 PM.
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Thank you Für immer and Kelp kindly

I think measuring from hairline is more precise. Yes, I see a lot of people on IG measure from the top/back of the head, which is perhaps more accurate (in terms of actual hair length), but how can one find the same exact spot every time? I´ll stick to the hairline.