Page 1318 of 1376 FirstFirst ... 3188181218126813081316131713181319132013281368 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,180 of 13753

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Not much difference again this month. Must be going through a stall... Edit: not going through a stall after all, mom measured my hair and it's at 76cm. Still growing a steady 2cm a month it seems!

Last edited by pisinoe; April 16th, 2023 at 11:08 AM.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

So much beautiful hair here, illicitlizard I the U-shape trim, and love seeing the length on pisinoe and joliebaby.

I haven’t been posting in this thread for a bit because I have been maintaining at WL since I called it in August. However, I finally figured out how to take a photo showing my natural color better, I need to take it in the morning when bright diffused light is squeaking into my basement apartment

I still think tailbone length will be too long for me, as I wear my hair loose once or twice a week, and I wear a fannypack on my hips daily so I imagine it would get caught and cause extra damage beyond HL. For now, babysteps: reach my elbows so it is perceived as WL by others. About 1” to go, but will take a bit since I will trim off some of the progress in June. I plan to trim 1” or less for summer solstice.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    18"/34"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Some math:
    If 37' is right at TBL, and I'm at 29" which is just barely WL, that's an 8" difference. I grow at a max of 3/4" per month and average just below that, so I can reasonably expect to hit TBL in a year.
    I know I said I would be parking in benign neglect club for the time being, but I think we all knew I was lying to myself
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I think I actually hit hip recently, but I was just feeling ready to call it, and then I got the trim I've been meaning to get for half a year, so now I'm back maybe an inch and a half above hip. I'm kinda sad about that, even though I knew it would happen But I'm still a little below waist, which was important to me, so I'm just going to be happy to have a lot less splits, and still a decent amount of length

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    I know I said I would be parking in benign neglect club for the time being, but I think we all knew I was lying to myself
    Somehow this rings true

I ordered my normal s&c and somehow just ordered an argan oil with them.. To use as a pre-poo I guess.. Will be fun to try it before next wash.

So I may be doing slightly more than during the past few years, and I too measured again even though I said I wasn't going to measure. But, I will do it like once a month at most, not all the time..
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joliebaby View Post
    Okay, here is proof that I really am at waist Sorry for the huge picture.. and bad quality.. but you (and I) can se that it comes to the belt I am wearing at the natural waist. I wore my hair down yesterday and it made me feel beautiful

That is so pretty!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    Yay for more growth! I would absolutely go to a long haired person's salon if I had the chance, much easier to trust someone who has been there done that.
    Totally agree with both/all of you on this. I've considered only going to stylists whose own hair is WL+. Now I haven't been to a stylist in a looong time because among other things I got tired of them sending me to the girl with the butch cut. I think we longhairs need people who sympathize.

Easy enough to google "salon near me" and check their staff pix (if any) for longhairs. Or at least their portfolio pix.

I just can't trim well enough on my own (I trim maybe twice a year). I have a pretty severe V from doing that, so that's what I'd go to a stylist for.

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Thank you Lapushka and Rosenester
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

According to the hair growth data excel sheet, it's predicted that I reach hip by July or August (I'm unsure whether it's 82cm or 84cm on me) and TBL by January next year. Honestly I'm unsure if I'll grow that long, will probably maintain at hip because it's getting troublesome enough to heat style, put out of the way etc. because I have so much hair and I like to wear it out and down. Actually reaching my goal for the summer and then maintaining sounds perfect.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I don't think I'll ever leave this thread. My DJS really did a number on my hair, a ton of it fell out since then and it's still growing back, but all the damage seems to finally be cut off now.

I had reached tailbone, even passed it, close to classic...but then I noticed my ends were damaged, filled with splits, white dots, and all kinds of weird damage. I put it up constantly, braid it and sleep on a silk pillowcase, I finger comb it and only blow dry it with my Dyson on the "cool" setting when I am freezing. Maybe that did damage to it, as my hair is wavy/wurly and that straightens it, I don't really know. Either way, I am glad to be back to hip, because it was really hard to deal with the longer it got, I guess I'll keep growing it, because I am lazy..haha.
    currently approaching tbl