Page 1290 of 1294 FirstFirst ... 29079011901240128012881289129012911292 ... LastLast
Results 12,891 to 12,900 of 12936

Thread: waist to tailbone

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Congrats Rosenester! I'm here today as well! I should have guessed that when something reliable had stopped working (my boar bristle brush) and I couldn't stand the ends anymore (and just wanted to cut them off), that I was at a new milestone! Wasn't expecting to get to waist until the end of the year, but took a photo with a pleasant surprise. I have moved on from my boar bristle brush to a brand new routine of finger detangling and a round with my wooden Tek brush. Very exciting! I was on the verge of quitting No Trims, but hung in there with my hair's "sudden change of personality." Will continue with no trims until the end of the year, as I am here for philosophical reasons anyway...

Edit to add: I follow a wash routine of mostly Sebum Only, and Water Only, and every blue moon will use shampoo and conditioner. I haven't trimmed for at least 14 months, am growing out dye (last 3 inches), and 9 of those 14 months I was pregnant. I also just experienced a brief but surprising postpartum shed, but it has been curtailed by now by no specific actions on my part.
    Last edited by thatsideoflife; August 17th, 2022 at 01:13 PM.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./60"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by thatsideoflife View Post
    Congrats Rosenester! I'm here today as well! I should have guessed that when something reliable had stopped working (my boar bristle brush) and I couldn't stand the ends anymore (and just wanted to cut them off), that I was at a new milestone! Wasn't expecting to get to waist until the end of the year, but took a photo with a pleasant surprise. I have moved on from my boar bristle brush to a brand new routine of finger detangling and a round with my wooden Tek brush. Very exciting! I was on the verge of quitting No Trims, but hung in there with my hair's "sudden change of personality." Will continue with no trims until the end of the year, as I am here for philosophical reasons anyway...

Edit to add: I follow a wash routine of mostly Sebum Only, and Water Only, and every blue moon will use shampoo and conditioner. I haven't trimmed for at least 14 months, am growing out dye (last 3 inches), and 9 of those 14 months I was pregnant. I also just experienced a brief but surprising postpartum shed, but it has been curtailed by now by no specific actions on my part.
    Yay, another hair destroyer bites the dust. How long did your PP shed last and what surprised you about it? Didn't you know you were pregnant beforehand?
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > ???

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Yay, another hair destroyer bites the dust. How long did your PP shed last and what surprised you about it? Didn't you know you were pregnant beforehand?
    Haha yes indeed. When I was pregnant I would brush and brush and not a single hair would come out. But between 3 and 4 months postpartum I would brush and brush and the hair wouldn't stop coming out! I was left with my normal amount of hair after that month.

Length
    13/37/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Congrats rosenester and thatsideoflife on reaching waist!

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Congrats!!!

Yes I too noticed the destroying abilities of the BBB.

I wonder what your philosophic motives are? Would you like to tell us?

BSL - WL - Classic

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    Congrats!!!

Yes I too noticed the destroying abilities of the BBB.

I wonder what your philosophic motives are? Would you like to tell us?
    Thanks Ada-banana! Here are some links with some general ideas. I think for me it's a combo of things! At this point, I'm thinking of hair as this fabulous analogy to life. Every new length, it is demanding that I grow up, become more gentle, intuitive, and appreciative of what I've been given, and give up anything that it not working for me. This stick-to-it-iveness has worked for me before, where I just see what happens if I don't give up. And it's always amazing!

Hair, our antenna to the subtle realms Paolo da Floresta
    https://paolodafloresta.wordpress.co...subtle-realms/

Why Yogis Have Long Hair - YouTube
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2atKwYb3Q
    Last edited by thatsideoflife; August 18th, 2022 at 01:22 PM.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks Ada-banana! Here are some links with some general ideas. I think for me it's a combo of things! At this point, I'm thinking of hair as this fabulous analogy to life. Every new length, it is demanding that I grow up, become more gentle, intuitive, and appreciative of what I've been given, and give up anything that it not working for me. This stick-to-it-iveness has worked for me before, where I just see what happens if I don't give up. And it's always amazing!

Hair, our antenna to the subtle realms – Paolo da Floresta
    https://paolodafloresta.wordpress.co...subtle-realms/

Why Yogis Have Long Hair - YouTube
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2atKwYb3Q
    Thank you, thank you for this inspiring thoughts. I will watch the videos today. I love this.
    I have never been able to grow my hair, I've been through a lot and have recently escaped a dangerous situation. I noticed that I've cut my hair till things went right, and have this self compassion and growth you're talking about. You're comment made me aware of this idea.

BSL - WL - Classic

Length
    Chin/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Here is my August update. I will (finally this time) trim tomorrow and post too!

🥥Hair Instagram🌴🔆🌙 My Tolkien Stories 🌙
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/19498ad4366880107ad163c26850af95/e0f95017b52a4f95-4b/s2048x3072/e5f065d8b3153406fa1cc947e8d4bfdb3c4559e9.jpg

Length
    Chin/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Nvm, I ended up trimming on the same day.

🥥Hair Instagram🌴🔆🌙 My Tolkien Stories 🌙
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/19498ad4366880107ad163c26850af95/e0f95017b52a4f95-4b/s2048x3072/e5f065d8b3153406fa1cc947e8d4bfdb3c4559e9.jpg

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Looking good seems like the shorter side is catching up!