Page 1251 of 1368 FirstFirst ... 25175111511201124112491250125112521253126113011351 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,510 of 13676

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

It's good to read everyone progresses. I'm close to TBL again, maybe I'll be there for the end of the next month. I don't feel any urge to trim.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Lizard, I'm glad this feels like a chill length for you! Looking forward to seeing your hair pre- and post- trim.

Bri, wow I feel like you trimmed back to bcl so recently! What great growth.
    I was thinking about your alternative-style ennui after you posted about it in the other thread and wondered if a stripe of color - whether dyed or with a quality clip-in - might help encourage you on your way? At the very least it would be something fun and not a huge commitment.

This came to mind because I had been feeling so down about my hair; like it's just this tangled fluffy mess of not-growing / not lush and thick / whinging and whining etc etc, until I had my bangs trimmed into shape and then it was like magic: all of a sudden, I felt 100% more positive about my hair!
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Thank you for asking, baanoo! The photos you've posted of your hair recently have been just gorgeous. Your current length suits you so well.

ETA: I wrote this before seeing your post above and I have to say I am delighted you're feeling more positive about your hair, because I am feeling very positive about your hair! Your fringe is beautiful! And fortunately you have a lot of photographic evidence to prove to yourself that it is indeed growing. I would describe it as lushly ethereal.

illicitlizard, I love how you put it - "a very chill length". So nice when we can enjoy the journey and appreciate where we are.

Bri-Chan, that's so exciting. How was it when you were at TBL before - does it feel different this time?

As for me, I'm doing well after deciding to trim back to HL a few weeks ago. I've been experimenting a lot with my personal style recently, incorporating fantasy elements and celebrating the turn of the seasons (I am a lover of winter). HL is a slightly awkward length for me compared to WL and (I presume) TBL: the bulk of my hair is like a big heavy cape, then the ends are these wild tassels that dangle in the space made by the curve of my back. I've been improving my routine and imparting more moisture, which my hair loves.
    Last edited by barnet_fair; September 23rd, 2021 at 07:07 AM.
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm finally feeling like I can see the progress of my hair growing, probably because waist to hip is a shorter milestone for me. It's almost upper hip when soaking wet now, I think I should reach solid hip around the Solstice/Christmas.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    Slowly growing, getting a trim soon, hopefully I can communicate well enough that I don't end up back up above waist!
    This feels like a very chill length for me.
    I'd also like to know y'all are travelling
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
    I'm not trusting my communication skills quiet yet. Not sure I come across forceful enough, so it's still no trimming for me for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    It's good to read everyone progresses. I'm close to TBL again, maybe I'll be there for the end of the next month. I don't feel any urge to trim.
    Sounds awesome. Seems like we're around the same length

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Lizard, I'm glad this feels like a chill length for you! Looking forward to seeing your hair pre- and post- trim.

Bri, wow I feel like you trimmed back to bcl so recently! What great growth.
    I was thinking about your alternative-style ennui after you posted about it in the other thread and wondered if a stripe of color - whether dyed or with a quality clip-in - might help encourage you on your way? At the very least it would be something fun and not a huge commitment.

This came to mind because I had been feeling so down about my hair; like it's just this tangled fluffy mess of not-growing / not lush and thick / whinging and whining etc etc, until I had my bangs trimmed into shape and then it was like magic: all of a sudden, I felt 100% more positive about my hair!
    I'm happy for you. That feeling is so important
    I had a similar feeling once I managed to somehow weigh my ends down with a heavier conditioner. My hemline doesn't seem to have this giant gap anymore or at least it isn't as pronounced anymore. It stopped the urge to cut back to waist.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    Thank you for asking, baanoo! The photos you've posted of your hair recently have been just gorgeous. Your current length suits you so well.

ETA: I wrote this before seeing your post above and I have to say I am delighted you're feeling more positive about your hair, because I am feeling very positive about your hair! Your fringe is beautiful! And fortunately you have a lot of photographic evidence to prove to yourself that it is indeed growing. I would describe it as lushly ethereal.

illicitlizard, I love how you put it - "a very chill length". So nice when we can enjoy the journey and appreciate where we are.

Bri-Chan, that's so exciting. How was it when you were at TBL before - does it feel different this time?

As for me, I'm doing well after deciding to trim back to HL a few weeks ago. I've been experimenting a lot with my personal style recently, incorporating fantasy elements and celebrating the turn of the seasons (I am a lover of winter). HL is a slightly awkward length for me compared to WL and (I presume) TBL: the bulk of my hair is like a big heavy cape, then the ends are these wild tassels that dangle in the space made by the curve of my back. I've been improving my routine and imparting more moisture, which my hair loves.
    I also prefer the colder seasons. So great you found a length you're comfortable with. That's so important. What fantasy elements are you doing? That sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KokoroDragon View Post
    I'm finally feeling like I can see the progress of my hair growing, probably because waist to hip is a shorter milestone for me. It's almost upper hip when soaking wet now, I think I should reach solid hip around the Solstice/Christmas.
    I also had the impression waist to hip did not take too long. Sounds like awesome progress

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Fair, what a beautiful thing to say! I can’t imagine a nicer description than “lushly ethereal.”

It’s funny how just a few cm one way or another feels like a radically different experience - fabulous curtain of hair at waist? Great! At TBL? Great!
    But at hip? Oof what even are these tassels…

Yes - seconding Finda! Please do share these fantasy elements - I would love to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
    I'm not trusting my communication skills quiet yet. Not sure I come across forceful enough, so it's still no trimming for me for the time being

Sounds awesome. Seems like we're around the same length

I'm happy for you. That feeling is so important
    I had a similar feeling once I managed to somehow weigh my ends down with a heavier conditioner. My hemline doesn't seem to have this giant gap anymore or at least it isn't as pronounced anymore. It stopped the urge to cut back to waist.
    Ah it really is the little things sometimes! I notice too that when the weather is really hot and sticky, these find strands just collapse - I’m glad autumn is here (at least on paper and hopefully in person soon!).

Judging by your hair in recent photos I can’t see why you would even be tempted by a trim - your ends look great. Do you think you’ll make it to TBL by the winter solstice?

Such a good feeling!

Waist to hip was really quick for me; if you’re there wet now it should definitely make it by the end of the year.
    Last edited by baanoo; September 23rd, 2021 at 04:11 PM.

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Ooooh congratulations on nearing that milestone!

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post

It's amazing what a small change can do, that's how I felt at the start of the year, eugh everything about my hair is blah > gets face framing layers > WOW my hair's great! I'll certainly be posting pictures once I get the trim, can't stay away
    The recent pictures of your hair that I've seen look amazing, hope you're continuing to feel less down about your hair!

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post

It's so much easier now that it's long enough to put up and forget about it, once I could do a couple of hair stick buns the journey became much more bearable.
    I would like to join the chorus of people saying please show us how you incorporate fantasy into your style!! Creative hair is 10/10. Interesting what you say about HL being a bit awkward, will have to see if I feel similarly once I finally get there.

Woohoo! Almost there! I think the top of the hips is quite close to waist on most people, especially compared to distances between other milestones. I've shifted where I'm calling hip down slightly because if I use the shelf bit at the top is <2" from waist -_-
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023

I'm officially back to BCL or just above. It'll be back to tailbone by end of year, I suppose. I have fresh long layers and I had her take 1.5" off the total length.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I'm officially back to BCL or just above. It'll be back to tailbone by end of year, I suppose. I have fresh long layers and I had her take 1.5" off the total length.
    Do you like it?