Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long *really* fine hair?

Length
    Pixie/Short/Term.
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Question Long *really* fine hair?

Okay, so I've been poking around, looking for some pictures, but I can't really find any.
    My question is as following: I have a ponytail with just about 2" circumference. Now at SL. Will long hair look good on me when my hair is this fine/thin? Anyone with some experience on this?

Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Long *really* fine hair?

I've got fine hair, and I'm currently at mid-thigh, fairytale ends that is. I think I have a few shots in my albums

October 2007 at the Mara Hippo Lodge in Kenya

Length
    apl/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/F/ii

When I started to take care of my hair they was layered/unhealthy/damaged and really really fine end thin. I had 1 inch of circumference.
    Now, after 3 years of care, my ponytail circumference is 3''!!

If you hair are healthy you can grow them at every lenght you want! Mine now are at waist...and I'm waiting for tailbone

happy grow!

Length
    15"/39.2"/42"CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

My hair is between 2 - 3" thickness at my nape, depending how curly it is when I measure it. One thing you may struggle with is more of a taper than people with thick hair - at least, my hair definitely tapers quite a lot!! I am quite close to TB now, but my hair isn't as thick at the ends as I would like it to be.. will have to do some maintaining once I get there. But despite it being fine and thin, I love my hair and think it suits being this long

So yes I think thin/fine hair can still look great long! The only way you will ever know how your hair truly looks is if you grow it and see what happens

Length
    bob/22.5"/max
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I don't think *thickness* and *texture* are interchangeable. Ie: isn't it possible to have M hair and i thickness etc?

I either have F or M texture and ii thickness. Just a nitpick...
    Tired mom of two young children. Beginner sew-er, knitter and crocheter. Also, I like baking cakes.

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I too have F/i hair and I have always cut it once it reached BSL because it just looked BAD!!
    But I was also not taking care of it and expected it to look like M/iii when not up. LOL.

Now I'm taking care of it and its looking MUCH better already. I have also noticed that wearing it up DOES make me look good and prevents my hair from damge before it reaches the goal I want.

Also, check out user Sweetesday. She is my F/i hero. Her hair is fine and thin but oh so lovely!!!
    As well as Nini's hair (the one in the post under yours). Her hair is fine/i and very beautiful too.
    Last edited by littlenvy; August 31st, 2010 at 08:17 AM.

Length
    Buzz/SL/BSL
    Type
    3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
    I don't think *thickness* and *texture* are interchangeable. Ie: isn't it possible to have M hair and i thickness etc?

I either have F or M texture and ii thickness. Just a nitpick...
    This is true; there are even some F / iii s out there. I think, though, that folks with fine hair probably end up with less thickness on average. There's probably the same natural range of follicle density, some high some low, but since each shaft is finer, the total mass would be less than someone with thicker hair at the same follicular density.

So yes, they're different, but I think they're interrelated.
    14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30... Celebrating every inch!

Length
    bob/22.5"/max
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I dunno...I don't equate fine with thin...my mother has a redonkulous amount of hair and she's the same hairtype as me, although I will concede it's not as common for a true F to have iii thickness, I'd say there's a boatload of us at ii thickness though.
    Tired mom of two young children. Beginner sew-er, knitter and crocheter. Also, I like baking cakes.

Length
    bob/22.5"/max
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quahatundightu View Post
    My hair is between 2 - 3" thickness at my nape, depending how curly it is when I measure it. One thing you may struggle with is more of a taper than people with thick hair - at least, my hair definitely tapers quite a lot!! I am quite close to TB now, but my hair isn't as thick at the ends as I would like it to be.. will have to do some maintaining once I get there. But despite it being fine and thin, I love my hair and think it suits being this long

So yes I think thin/fine hair can still look great long! The only way you will ever know how your hair truly looks is if you grow it and see what happens
    I think taper with wurly/curly hair is rad, though...

I think it's going to depend on how you hair lays. My sig pic was taken well over a year ago so my hair is longer now, but it will give you an idea of how mine lays. It's very fine and super wispy. That makes it difficult to deal with when wearing down, so I only wear it down when the wind is not blowing or I don't have to be physically active at all.

It's so wispy that if I walk with it down into the kitchen, the ends seem to fly up in tendrils and snake around the cupboard handles and snag. I've been yanked around before like that. I really like having it long though, and for now it's become an experiment to see how long I can grow it.

I've known others with super fine hair though but their hair laid much differently than mine and wasn't so flyaway. I think long hair would be more easily handled like that.