Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your residency here a secret?

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Is your residency here a secret?

Nobody knows about me and TLHC. I've mentioned what I've learned here to others and credited the site for the knowledge. I've referred a few people to check it out, but I've hid my involvement. No one knows I have photo albums of hair pics. No one knows I look at other members' albums and comment on their hair. You know? I'm just kind of embarrassed that I'm so into growing my hair out that I take and post pictures of it and look at others' photo albums and discuss hair care and growth. I know it's nothing to be embarrassed about, it's an interest of mine, but it's the tie to vanity (or insecurity) that I don't want others to see. Which is insecure in itself. Whatever. Anyone else hang out at TLHC in the closet?
    Maybe my worst haircut ever.
    Cleaned up and collar length by Christmas

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: Is your residency here a secret?

I don't really try to hide the fact that I post here but I don't talk about it with others because they are just not interested in hair. I know they would be bored out of their minds if I started talking about sulfates and oils and how many inches my hair grew so far this year..... If I had any friends who were interested in hair or were growing their hair out I would definatly want to talk about it. Once in a while I do give people tips if they ask. I recently got my aunt hooked on coconut oil and my mom and grandma now take biotin and are really liking it.

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

mostly, I only mention it in passing if I am in a conversation about hair.
    Almost there!

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Juneii View Post
    mostly, I only mention it in passing if I am in a conversation about hair.

Me too, because I don't think the circles I hang out with are interested in it. I talk about ideas from here and give this site the credit, and I've posted on other sites recommending this site too. I also have, twice now, recommended it to people who I had just met who I thought would be interested in the info here about hair, but I don't think they joined. I don't get it. I can't imagine not having this site. When I'm off of my jobs, and have vacation, I log soooo much time here, and when I'm home I'm here. If there is a particularly interesting thread happening that I'm really into, I'll log in first thing in the morning, too, before I get ready for work....and, see, it is now 12:07 am, and I have to get up early tomorrow, but here I am!!! I'm addicted!!!
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Account Closed by Member Request

My chosen family and a couple of friends know I'm a member here, but they don't really care and I really don't mind mentioning it in passing. ^^ I tried to get a couple of people to come here, but alas, it has not happened.

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Talking Re: Is your residency here a secret?

I am pretty much out of the LHC closet. I talk about it with my friends and read posts aloud to them sometimes. I have talked some friends into signing up and discussed the site with complete strangers as a resource and support group.
    I am proud to be an active LHC member, but I think it's cool that you can have something that's just for you.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

My family and my friends know that I post here but they don't know that I measure my hair and take length shots. My mum always tells me that I'm too obsessed with my hair and spend too much time taking care of it.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I definitely don't go out of my way to hide it . . .then again, I'm a member of another forum (about designer handbags/shoes/clothing) where I spend a *lot* of time, so my friends are pretty much accustomed to me doing crazy things like flying across the country for a forum meet-up (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    22.5/32/inf.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Not a secret at all, but it probably should be. I get a lot of eye-rolls, tuts and a lot of "you need better interests than hair, it's not normal" LOL

It's annoying especially when I'm particularly pleased with my hair for whatever reason, someone always wants to p!$$ on my parade <_<

Length
    pixie/41''/term?
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I usually refer to it as ''this hair forum'' that I'm a member of. It never occurred to me people might find it strange there's a forum only about hair (although as we all know, LHC is about so much more than just hair, and that there is no such thing as JUST hair ) until someone got really incredulous when I told them about it. Since then I've just tried to kind of off-handedly mention it when I've needed to, it's not a secret but I don't go out of my way to tell people about it either.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14846&dateline=121016  5357 Spot the difference?