Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton's Long Hair

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Hillary Clinton's Long Hair

Hello all,

I saw this article in the Washington Post that I thought you all might find interesting -- about how Hillary Clinton is sporting longer hair than the "age-appropriate" rule.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...src=nl_cuzhead

Good for her, I say

Some questions for discussion:

Do you think that by focusing media attention on Hillary's hair we're just giving too much scrutiny to public figures?

Or will this perhaps make more people realize that they, too, can buck the trends?

Also, please check out the photo gallery that is attached to the article. It features other political figures and actresses who are older and have (relatively) long hair, too

I hope you all enjoy, and I'm eager to hear everyone's reactions :drama:

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Hillary Clinton's Long Hair

Her hair is hardly shoulder length, to me that isn't really that long at all. I always thought the "age rule" was hair above the shoulders after a certain age.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

none of the women in the album have long hair.. im so confused..
    i dont see any long hair at all.. whats going on?
    can i call this classic length

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm perplexed as well, their hair is "long" yes, but it's not even that long compared to the general public (much less LHC). Oh, well, long hair is in the eye of the beholder I guess
    Almost there!

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Yeah, I guess I was a bit perplexed about the article's definition of "long" hair, too, but hey, progress is progress, right? I mean, most of the women who are my mom's age and older all have hairdos that don't even touch their shoulders -- like bobs to pixie length. So perhaps going to shoulder length is a big leap for these women? After all, by non-LHC standards, longer than shoulder-length hair tends to be lumped into the category of "long hair" . . .

My mother, actually, recently cut her APL hair to ear-length She likes it because it's cooler, but she was a bit perplexed by one of her co-workers saying that she looks younger and more professional. I mean -- she hasn't changed, nor has her professionalism, the way she dresses, and the way she manages her job.

Length
    13"/16"/24"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Yozhik View Post
    Yeah, I guess I was a bit perplexed about the article's definition of "long" hair, too, but hey, progress is progress, right? I mean, most of the women who are my mom's age and older all have hairdos that don't even touch their shoulders -- like bobs to pixie length. So perhaps going to shoulder length is a big leap for these women? After all, by non-LHC standards, longer than shoulder-length hair tends to be lumped into the category of "long hair" . . .

My mother, actually, recently cut her APL hair to ear-length She likes it because it's cooler, but she was a bit perplexed by one of her co-workers saying that she looks younger and more professional. I mean -- she hasn't changed, nor has her professionalism, the way she dresses, and the way she manages her job.
    Well *she* hasn't changed but a haircut or style can and does change the way someone looks and the image they project...It's why people get makeovers...hey and sometimes a change can actually make someone feel different and thus act different. I love makeover shows
    “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    17'/29'/30'
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I think it's so bizarre that they're calling that length of hair long - even for a woman of that age, I think that hardly counts as long.

I really hope though, that seeing this encourages more women to keep their hair long. I know my mom, for one, chopped her hair off into a pixie cut after I was born and has had it ever since because she thinks she'd "look ridiculous" with it any longer.

This quote made me sad:
    long locks are a sign of vibrancy and sexiness, it's a social contradiction to see such styles on women who have wrinkles and crow's-feet.
    How offensive! Women with wrinkles can still be sexy. I really hope that mainstream society changes its views about this
    From APL to Waist!

Length
    28/BSL/APL:P
    Type
    1c/M/ii

That's cool, I'm happy for her. It seems funny to me to read "She got a longer hairdo," though (in the photo gallery, not the article) - almost makes it sound like she got extensions, rather than *gasp* let her hair grow another inch or two. It almost sounds they want to say she got a new haircut, but didn't know how to make that work.

She used to have long hair back in the day (yep, found proof).

Holy cow, NECK LENGTH is longer than usual for a woman her age? Give me a break.

If anything, the article makes a real freak out of women like me then.

ETA: I didn't read the article. Apparently, it is pro-long hair.
    Last edited by Themyst; August 28th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

I find it kind of sad that a woman of a "certain age" is considered a "rebel" if she has hair to her neck.

I mean, once you reach "the cut off"(whatever age that is), are you just supposed to shave your head??? Is there a 4 inch maximum rule somewhere?

I can't remember the last time I saw something more lovely than a long, silver braid.
    It's ridiculous that women are supposed to be naked and have acceptably long hair(BSL) when they're under 30-35(40? Not sure the age, I threw my rule book away), then wear pantsuits and get a crew cut after that.

Women should be able to define their femininity how they see fit.

Sorry for the rant.