Thread: Where’ s the difference between Artemis bun and Nautilus bun?

I decided to be happy. Henrietta's Avatar
    Length
    27.6/44.0/44.0
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Where’ s the difference between Artemis bun and Nautilus bun?

Am I dense? It’s been few months and I cannot tell the difference. I’ve been watching tutorials over and over and I CANNOT see the moment where the steps are starting to differ. Could someone please write down the steps of making both buns? Maybe then I will notice where the difference is. What’s wrong with my observation skills?
    Here is my ISO post. I'm looking for the Abital Flexi (XL), a small (12.5 cm) SenzaLimiti KPO, and a 3-prong CrockettMountainWoodworks acrylic fork

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: Where’ s the difference between Artemis bun and Nautilus bun?

I'm interested in this as well. I also have seen some videos where the lazy wrap looks like the Nautilus and the Artemis ...

Bumpity Bump
    I feel like a longhair again! Retire Your Ruler for 90 Days!

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

After trying a bunch of these, I consider them to be basically the same concept/technique, just implemented in different ways. I've found that the tension moves around if switch between these, which reduces repetitive mechanical stress.

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Never heard of Artemis, but the difference between lazy wrap and nautilus is 1: How high up on your head it ends up (nautilus is higher) and 2: There is no twist to the lazy wrap, and for whatever reason, the LWB holds better on me. Plus, it uses just a slightly different amount of hair, so I can effect one now better than a few months ago.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    waist/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

From what I've seen of the two, the difference is:

Nautilus: Do a nautilus twist. Insert hairstick where your fingers were holding the base of the pony.
    Artemis: Do a nautilus, rotate the entire bun 90ish degrees clockwise to "tighten" it up. Stab the "vertical" part of the bun w/ your hairstick before bringing the stick behind to catch scalp hair. Insert perpendicular to where your fingers were gripping.

So, if you overlapped the two, the sticks would make an X (if you didn't rotate the Artemis bun),
    The Artemis bun will look "poofier" because the stick is being used to poof out part of the bun.

It's a rotate + stick insertion method/location difference.

Length
    waist/44/44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

The lazy wrap bun has the ends incorporated into outside bun, where as the nautilus has the ends wrapped around the base. My nautilus starts out as a bee-butt bun that I pull the top loop open enough to wrap around the bottom loops. The Artemis just looks like a rotated nautilus done differently than how I do them.

HTH.
    My routine has changed since starting to use Rogaine regularly to try to regain some thickness. I still cleanse every other day, but I use T/Sal shampoo, followed by my beloved Suave Wild Cherry conditioner. A vinegar rinse and catnip leave in follow.

I decided to be happy. Henrietta's Avatar
    Length
    27.6/44.0/44.0
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Thank you people I don't know why I didn't notice the rotation part
    Here is my ISO post. I'm looking for the Abital Flexi (XL), a small (12.5 cm) SenzaLimiti KPO, and a 3-prong CrockettMountainWoodworks acrylic fork