Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Elven hair styles...for the Tolkienites

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Hair goal!
    It's really hard for my hair to keep waves and curls in, so that was a pretty good hair day xD ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ArienEllariel View Post
    So lovely!
    Thank you ^^!

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I like going to electronic music festivals- but shy away from the sequin ladin bright outfits that a lot of people wear. I like to dress elven... I can't wait for my hair to reach WL + for some epic braided styles.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

We should do hairstyles inspired by various Tolkien characters including ones from the Silmarillion.
    Since mine is dark, I can do Arwen, Luthien, Feanor, Gil-Galad, Fingon, etc.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I did an Elven shoot last June, so a mix of Tolkien and hair shots

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post

So pretty! I'm shook!

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

[IMG][/IMG]

You are one of my favorite cosplayers. I can't believe you're still active on LHC, you don't know how much you've influenced me (and many others)!
    You know what, I was searching for LOTR hairstyles and you were the first to pop up in the feed, and I looked at the avatar and thought to myself: Huh, isn't that Missy, my favorite sassy Doctor Who character? And that was how I got obsessed with your content.
    You've done such a great job and I swear one day I will try the Arwen braid. My hair is still not long enough to pull that off, but I'm glad I have naturally black hair and don't need a wig to cosplay.
    This was my elvish phrase while I was experimenting with various accent braids. The photos were taken last fall when I was hospitalized with my dad treating cancer, so I got nothing to do except play with my hair.

I've got my first pair of elf ears because of you,, I just used some white extensions as accent braids to my rope braid pigtails. Back then I was obsessed with checkboard patterns so I wanted a dark elf look.

Last edited by tuanyiji; September 27th, 2022 at 10:25 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    So pretty! I'm shook!
    Aw thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    You are one of my favorite cosplayers. I can't believe you're still active on LHC, you don't know how much you've influenced me (and many others)! You know what, I was searching for LOTR hairstyles and you were the first to pop up in the feed, and I looked at the avatar and thought to myself: Huh, isn't that Missy, my favorite sassy Doctor Who character? And that was how I got obsessed with your content. You've done such a great job and I swear one day I will try the Arwen braid. My hair is still not long enough to pull that off, but I'm glad I have naturally black hair and don't need a wig to cosplay.

This was my elvish phrase while I was experimenting with various accent braids. The photos were taken last fall when I was hospitalized with my dad treating cancer, so I got nothing to do except play with my hair. I've got my first pair of elf ears because of you,, I just used some white extensions as accent braids to my rope braid pigtails. Back then I was obsessed with checkboard patterns so I wanted a dark elf look.

Omgs, wow, thank you so much o_O !! I'm honoured to have been able to serve as inspiration for Elven and cosplay shenanigans ^^ (and a little bit overwhelmed lol ). Very nice to meet you ! And yay for more Whovians and Missy lovers!

I haven't tried the complex Arwen braid yet either, honestly I'm very daunted by it, but hopefully one day, it's been a good while since I've practised braiding whoops xD. And yes, dark hair comes in handy to cosplay many Elves !

I haven't been active on LHC these past few months - I think I haven't been here for months :S xD, because I was finishing my PhD, but hopefully I'll be here a little bit more often now xD The Elven ears look great! Lovely braids, too ^^ I especially like the second style! (Btw, I hope your dad is better, hugs!)
    Last edited by SwordWomanRiona; September 28th, 2022 at 02:51 PM.

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Wow! Your hair is amazing You and your pictures are gorgeous! It's so green everywhere! I envy you your Evenstar necklace XD (They were so expensive back when the movies came out and I didn't get one. Alas, my true love is none but Kili, and he is not an elf but a dwarf...maybe I should look for a dwarven pendant instead...non-canon Kili, that is...). I love your cotehardie? too! It has a train I love medieval clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    This was my elvish phrase while I was experimenting with various accent braids. The photos were taken last fall when I was hospitalized with my dad treating cancer, so I got nothing to do except play with my hair...I just used some white extensions as accent braids to my rope braid pigtails. Back then I was obsessed with checkboard patterns so I wanted a dark elf look.
    Elf ears look really good on you! You look adorable! That is a lot of checkerboard...even a matching mask! Cool!
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post
    Wow! Your hair is amazing You and your pictures are gorgeous! It's so green everywhere! I envy you your Evenstar necklace XD (They were so expensive back when the movies came out and I didn't get one. Alas, my true love is none but Kili, and he is not an elf but a dwarf...maybe I should look for a dwarven pendant instead...non-canon Kili, that is...). I love your cotehardie? too! It has a train I love medieval clothing.
    Aw shucks, thanks ^^ ! Yay for green

I do have one of the official Evenstar replicas, but this one is a cheap one from Aliexpress, actually, because it's actually more accurate to the movies than the official replica I got many years ago o_O. It's objectively worse quality, but it looks really nice in pics, and I've been wearing a lot over the years, so yay ^^
    Tauriel's pendant would work better for you, in your Dwarven case, I guess xD?

I love the dress too (it was custom-made and they did a great job) ! I love Medieval clothing as well, I actually do some 14th-15th Century reenacment too, one day I'll have to quit procrastinating and post about the hairstyles on here as well xD (this is more Medieval fantasy, of course xD).

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Gorgeous elven photos womanriona!!! And the ears do look great on you tuanyiji!! I'm subscribing to this thread now haha
    Does the man on the moon cut his hair?

Yes... Eclipse it!