Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wearing long hair down all the time?

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Wearing long hair down all the time?

Hi i apologise if this has been spoken about before i couldn't come up with anything through the search button

Anyway i have hair that falls to between waist and hip length and i wear it down basically all the time (apart from when i work 3 mornings a week in hospital) i love having my hair down my back it's like a security blanket for me or something, since joining here i have been trying to wear it up but i just can't i end up taking it down after an hour, ideally i wan't my hair tbl possibly classic but i'm not sure how realistic this would be for me considering i would want to keep wearing it down

so is there anyone here who like me loves having hair flowing down back and if so how long is your hair and how do you find it is to live with? does it get very damaged or do you do extra tlc to make up for lack of protective styles?

Thanks in advance!

Length
    BSL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Wearing long hair down all the time?

Heya

Yeah I agree with you I must say, I have been trying to wear my hair up too, but I just love having it down, and feel like it's a bit of a waste if I never see it because it's up all the time .
    Lady Móreadhiel, Whisperer and Guardian to the Creatures of Silence in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    pixie-jaw-shoulder-APL-BSL-WAIST!

I can never decide, I switch from having it down and having it in an updo all the time

But I must be better at having it up, because otherwise I will just start cut. But when it is long, ooohhh, I am going to have it down most of the time! *can't wait*

(I don't like how I look in a ponytail or anything that does not include my hair being down..)

Length
    10 in/39 in/44 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I am like that too! I braid it often although updos are very rare!
    ConstantKi
    Growing from 10 inches since November 1, 2006 $\infty$

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I'm so glad i'm not alone with loving hair down, it's weird how everyone is different..i used to work with a girl who had lovely long hair to the top of her jeans so probably hip? ish but she never ever wore it down..only ever saw it down when she was re-doing her style, when i'm at work i have to wear my hair up but every chance i get during morning i take it down (in staff room etc) i sleep with it loose, do housework with it loose etc etc but so far i don't find it getting in the way but this is the longest length i have had so far...i hope i can continue to wear it down to my goal lenght

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

When my hair was to my hips I wore it down or half-up almost all the time. It never got damaged or tangled. I liked braids too, when I wanted it out of the way.
    Reached classic mid 2014, cut back to hip. Now at tbl and liking the length

Length
    28/BSL/APL:P
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I rarely wear mine down - not only does it tend to get tangled/matted and requires brushing every hour or so to look presentable, but also, I wore it down or in nice long styles to work a few times and my coworkers didn't even notice. So, I just throw it up in a nautilus bun or other simple bun for work, and play with it when I get home

I've always liked wearing my hair down, but it's too hot and windy here for that to be practical in any way, shape or form; so, I've now had to accept wearing it up when I go out. At home, I let it down and enjoy it - and sometimes that's an all day thing.

It is waist length at this point and I do oil it everyday, sleep in a satin bonnet (which dh absolutely loves), comb it very gently, etc. I don't know yet if there's any advantage or not to this type of routine, but I figure being nice to my hair as much as possible is a good thing in the long run.
    Lady Ianuariae of the Healing Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1c/C/iii

I typically wear my hair down, I like the way it feels around my shoulders. Your comment about your hair being like a security blanket is probably an apt analogy for me as well. My hair tends to get a bit wild, so if I'm going out or needing to look more polished I like to wear 1/3-1/2 of it up ... but I always have a bit down around my shoulders.

My hair is only BSL now, so doing this is pretty manageable. When my hair was tailbone length, I did tend to wear it up in braids and ponytails more simply to keep it out of the way.

Length
    ~23/33/33
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I've been BSL to mid-back for years, and I've almost always preferred to wear it down. It doesn't bother me having it loose other than getting it caught under my purse strap or keeping it tied back when it's windy. Now that I'm striving for longer, I don't know how I will feel about keeping it down, but I am trying to learn some new 'dos so at least having it up will be interesting.